xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
keroshii

My Mum Has Mynesthimia Gravis** Does anyone know any info?

Okay so my mum has this weird muscle disease and she really doesn't share much with me so I'm asking anyone who will answer if it's like something that could be life threatening or something?

I really don't know much about it and I'd like to know more maybe from people with experience or something?

Just recently she got out of the hospital because her eye kept shutting on its own so she had to go and get weird medicines and crap pumped into her for three days.

=/.

that sounds grave... but google turned out no reference for mynesthimia gravis. maybe a wrong spelling, so i tried some variables and came up with Myasthenia Gravis.

more info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myasthenia_gravis

more google results: https://www.google.com/search?q=Myasthenia+gravis

it seems there are several clinical classifications, but a doctor should be more helpful to explain them to you in detail. generally, a patient will have a normal life expectancy, with treatment (medication and/or surgery). it's good to hear that your mum is getting the needed medical attention, and we hope she gets to fight and overcome the condition eventually, and enjoy a better quality of life than what she is now going through.