xisto Community
magiccode9

[ Cp ] Testers See Windows Xp Passing Vista

It may be led some users of Windows Vista switched back to Windows XP SP2 and wait until m$ has released it first Service Pack for Windows Vista Operating System.

** EDIT : DELETE THE QUOTE FROM POST **

URL : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by magiccode9 (see edit history)

A URL to the story would have been sufficient. There's no need to fill your post with the quote. Instead contribute with your own words for a discussion.As I have said in one of my posts here, I believe and predict Windows Vista is going to be a failure like Windows ME. I have been comparing Vista Business edition to my laptop's XP Home edition and bar none, my laptop out performs Vista. And mind you my laptop is 3 years older than Vista machine.I cannot believe how much of resources are requires to run Vista. I mean c'mon! NASA sent astronauts to the moon and back with computing powers far less than what we have today. And why does Vista request a minimum of 1GB RAM? Did Microsoft engineers forgot to optimize RAM performance just because the plethora of giga-bytes today? It's outrageous.There's a testament to XP's greatness. If a company like Dell is STILL, and I'll say it again STILL, offering XP as one of the options to their business lines Dell probably thinks XP is better than Vista. Sometimes the demand of people out weighs the need for solid design. And this time Microsoft really failed to deliver the performance they hyped.

Vista runs fine one a pc if you have one gig of ram and does outperform xp if you know how to use it. I have been running vista on a 4 yr old pc with 1 gig of ram and 128 meg of vram and it runs just fine. People keep saying "vista is running slow" but it is because they are trying to run all the features, the aero interface, etc on an old pc. This just is not going to work. It is like running a new video game on an old pc with maxed out settings. Vista is very nice and is not very different from xp. I have been running it since the company i worked for get the copies over a year ago due to corporate licensing. Disable aero, and most likely it will out perform your xp machine. Also, to answer your question about why you need 1 gig of ram, it has to do with aero and the graphical interface. Graphics take lots of memory. A typical game takes atleast 256 meg of ram these days if not more. This is why you need a gig with vista. It uses about 512 on an everyday basis with a browser open and office or something similar. If you run anything more, you will start having to access the page file which is a huge performance decrease so you need a gig to stay smooth.