xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
etycto

You Know What I Hate: when people get mad at you when you ask a Question

have you guys ever been in a situation when some says something but you want to make sure of it so you either ask the to restate it or you restate it yourself to make sure, or someone has explained something to you but you dont understand so you ask a question about it or rephrase in a way you understand.well me i'm the kind of person that likes to make sure that what i've heard is whats been said so a lot a time i ask questions to make sure. also when some one explains something to me i like to make sure that i get it so i tend to refraise it in a way that i understand. but in my classes i realy hate it when i ask a question about something they tend to get angry because i asked a question, and what really tiks me of is a lot of them had the same question they where just too spupid and and afraid to ask me yet they have the nerves to get angry at me. the real sad part is that when the teachers (one in perticuler) makes a statement i want to make sure i heard them right so i tend to say can you reapeat please and the teacher has the nerves to get angry because i want to make sure that i do things right, and one of the students would say something slick and i'd say something slick that would always be phrase simply like this (well i ask because i want to be smart and not stupid like you), and we'd have a quick thirty second argument.the way i see it is that if you have a question you should not be hesitated to ask or be afraid because even though others may be stupid and get mad at you at least you got what you wanted to get out of it.

Yeah your within your rights to ask them to clarify things. If you do it too often it can become annoying to some people so just try to study material before class if you can. This will help you understand a lot better then just relying on lectures.

man i do it all the time, I dont care how many times I ask I will ask over and over until I understand what they said. sometimes people do not speak clearly so it is hard to understand what they say or they just talk to fast. its nothing personal on them but others of foreign country have a strong accent and sometimes its really hard to make out what they say. I speak both english and spanish, but being that i was raised in the us and i sppke very little spanish even tho im hispanic, when i speak to mexican people from deep south mexico in spanish i have a hard time understanding them. so i ask over and over what did you say.another is when on the phone.. sometimes people arent clear coming thru so im like waht.. what ..

Okay, I've got a story. The other day in class we had a substitute teacher. She says that we need to be quiet and attentive because we have a lot of work today. She explains something. A kid asks an HONEST QUESTION. She gets really angry and tells him not to interrupt the class? What the heck? I mean, if we was just trying to be rude that was one thing, but... argh...