xisto Community
truefusion

One Word Equals 10 Grains Of Rice freerice.com

poverty.com is their sister site, made by the same founder, it shows the number of people who died in the past hour.

or a very simple way to get rich quick, take a look at the blog post in this website http://aftrsmedia.com/ they did some calculations and found out that the owner is making way more profit from the website, and someone else said something about the ads being pay per action ads and concluded that its probably a scam.

hello?

doesn't anyone read other people's posts

what if it's a scam for free money?

I have been reading them, but let's examine everything. As the link to the blog post shows, the owner of the site only makes money on commision; that is, when someone clicks on the ads and then buys something (as i thought it was). The owner of the site, like the blog says, has also been from the site TheHungerSite. Let's consider a few things here: Since revenue is based on commission, viewing the ads alone doesn't bring in revenue. There are, also, apparently more people gaining rice than they are buying things. If there is any money left over, it can go to TheHungerSite and its sister sites. Yes, the money could also go to himself, like for payment for the hosting of the site, the maintainers of the site, his personal life, etc, but we'll just have to trust his word on this from what he mentions in the FAQs. As for the calculations, that would be true if they weren't just guessing. For the time being, the rice has increased, and if you want to prove his actions, then perhaps you should mail the people they're donating to and see if anything has been received from them on their part.

Awesome!!! what an interesting way of improving ones vocabulary. Plus you get to help people out!! Thanks a lot, this definitely is good for everybody!

I agree with truefusion here that only <- snipped -> won't get the owner much money if he gets anything at all with just clicking. Plus, the money could be probably working for the sister sites or for the bills or maybe his personal life. I don't really mind him making some money as long he's really helping people.

http://freerice.com/
Feeding the hungry is as simple as a click away. 10 grains of rice per word may not seem like much, but the site donates based on revenue brought in by its advertisements. Meaning, more visitors and players can increase the amount of grains per word. Also, getting over 5,000 grains a day is not hard to do. Kindly join in on the fun! :D

Great site! Thanks for sharing! By 1200 rice I got my vocab rating to 42 too, and with no dictionary use either :P