xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dodger

Internet Fraud Alert!

New E-Scams & Warnings
ATTENTION-FBI E-MAIL HOAX ALERT!! The FBI has become aware of e-mails being generated with the subject line "FBI Investigation" and implying the e-mail originated from the FBI. The e-mail requests the recipient's assistance by purchasing merchandise via the Internet. This e-mail is fictitious, and its origin is being investigated. The FBI would never direct someone to expend personal funds in furtherance of an investigation. If you've received the e-mail, please contact the FBI at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.
The following is the actual false message brought to our attention.

-----Original Message-----

From: [MAIL TO:Investigations@fbi.gov [mailto:Investigations@fbi.gov
Edit: Tried to remove the hyper link in above. Andy

Sent: Samstag

To: Not shown by FBI- (probly to protect the victims identity)

Subject: FBI Investigation

Please note that this E-mail was generated by FBI and IFCC(Internet Fraud Complaint Center) E-mail services and any attempt to reply to this E-mail cannot and will not be answered or received by FBI or IFCC.

The Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C). IFCC's mission is to address fraud committed over the Internet.

Our records show that you have closed an internet transaction with James Douglas. We are now able to inform you that this person is an internet scam artist. For almost 2 years he had ripped off over 100 internet buyers using Western Union for payment. We were not able to catch him until now because we don't have enough proves. Here is what we suggest:

Please pretend that you are interested in buying another product from him and accept any offer that he will make you. Follow all the instructions you receive from him regarding the payment procedure via Western Union wire transfer. We will watch this particular transaction and arrest him when he will try to pick up the funds at the Western Union office.

This way we will be able to stop his illegal activity and you will receive the money already lost in full amount plus this amount you will have to send now and a 1000$ bonus from FBI for your cooperation.

WE SUGGEST THAT YOU KEEP THIS EMAIL SECRET FOR NOW. PLEASE DON'T ATTEMPT TO CONTACT FBI OR IFCC FOR THE MOMENT. WE WILL CONTACT YOU AS SOON AS YOU MAKE THE PAYMENT TO JAMES DOUGLAS. HE WILL TRY PICK UP THE MONEY AND WE WILL ARREST HIM AND CONTACT YOU AFTER THAT. Regards, FBI team.

Internet Fraud Complaint Center Warnings

Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Email Scam
Attention--FBI e-mail hoax alert! Have you recently received an e-mail, purportedly from the FBI, with the subject "Your IP was logged," warning you about illegal downloading of movies and software and saying you are under FBI investigation? If you have, please be advised that the e-mail is a fake--the Bureau, even though it does investigative violations of Intellectual Property laws, does not investigate or notify persons under investigation as outlined in the e-mail. It may also contain a virus. If you've received the e-mail, please contact the FBI at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

Thanks for the information, but please do not post these and think they'll add to your post count. I don't want to delete this, but you don't have to put the whole message, at least post a link and post some of your thoughts on it.

I love these types of scams. Only morons would fall for them.I quit reading the letter after I noticed 20 grammar errors, such as "we don't have enough proves."Not to mention they incorrectly mention the FBI numerous times.This, my friends, is why people need to learn proper grammar and spelling. By understanding how the English language works you can *easily* classify this email as a scam. It's not even *close* to being professional.

I love these types of scams. Only morons would fall for them.
I quit reading the letter after I noticed 20 grammar errors, such as "we don't have enough proves."

Not to mention they incorrectly mention the FBI numerous times.

This, my friends, is why people need to learn proper grammar and spelling. By understanding how the English language works you can *easily* classify this email as a scam. It's not even *close* to being professional.

Yes you are right.Simple using one script you can send mail to somebody from unknown address with unknown name...There are lot of scams we now but this is one of the funniest :P The stupidest scam is with giving money and on that way you really give money and info to the sender.How?
1.He sends email to you: You earn $10000 USD.Click here to get them.
2.When you click on that link he gets money from features like Google Ads,but not that popular.
3.You are redirected to the spammer's site.A form opens and you should write personal information.
4.He gets all the information and he again runs script to get money.

Then you don't get nothing from this.I don't know why this scam is made and what use they get

Yes you are right.Simple using one script you can send mail to somebody from unknown address with unknown name...There are lot of scams we now but this is one of the funniest :P The stupidest scam is with giving money and on that way you really give money and info to the sender.How?1.He sends email to you: You earn $10000 USD.Click here to get them.
2.When you click on that link he gets money from features like Google Ads,but not that popular.
3.You are redirected to the spammer's site.A form opens and you should write personal information.
4.He gets all the information and he again runs script to get money.

Then you don't get nothing from this.I don't know why this scam is made and what use they get

Well people fall for this stuff all the time. A recent one I got via postal mail said the following (paraphrased):

1) You won $50 million in the (so and so) lottery.
2) In order to claim your $50 million you must transfer $1500 to xxx bank account to show you are the real recipient
3) After the $1500 has been wired they will then wire your $50 million to your account

Another one I saw had the same three steps but the reason for #2 was to "Pay for transactional fees on the money." Any smart person would clearly see that if there was really $50 million then they could just withdraw the $1500 from that amount instead of charging you.

Even in the real lottery it doesn't work like that. The only time you pay money on real lottery winnings is when you are paying the IRS at the end of the fiscal year. You don't pay anything to release your winnings.

Well people fall for this stuff all the time. A recent one I got via postal mail said the following (paraphrased):
1) You won $50 million in the (so and so) lottery.
2) In order to claim your $50 million you must transfer $1500 to xxx bank account to show you are the real recipient
3) After the $1500 has been wired they will then wire your $50 million to your account

Another one I saw had the same three steps but the reason for #2 was to "Pay for transactional fees on the money." Any smart person would clearly see that if there was really $50 million then they could just withdraw the $1500 from that amount instead of charging you.

Even in the real lottery it doesn't work like that. The only time you pay money on real lottery winnings is when you are paying the IRS at the end of the fiscal year. You don't pay anything to release your winnings.

What a mail!You shouldn't never do this...Only kids are laughing when they say give me 10$ i will give you 20$.Who is that much stupid to do this.The thing makes us to beleave in this scams aree the promoting pictures.OK nothing happens if you click on the link for earning,you will not get virus,but in the address bar you will see theme=win or something like that.Remove that "theme=win" and open the page now.All that pictures and red backgrounds will be missing.A normal form will open,without saying that you are lucky,you earned something etc. That says that they want to lie you that you need to win just to give your money for them.If they just post few big posts on Xisto they will get triple more money :):P:P

The cases of fraud has actually come down over the years due to system problem but as more people come in the internet more people take a chance to earn money end get scammed. So the actual % remains lower the no of victims is on the rise and the amount being moved is exponentially increasing.

Yeah..I get alot of these. It drives me crazy since I cannot block them. :P Just delete them, however some are just to stupid to realise it's scam and spam, so they register on the site and try and get it...next thing you know, you have dozons of viruses and money taken out of PayPal or what ever they use to try and get it. :P