xisto Community
coolcat50

The Future Of Microsoft

I have to agree, but Microsoft will just have to throw down the flag and team up with Apple. With Fire fox out IE will not last. many have made the switch over and a lot more to come. It is my feeling for Microsoft to stay ahead of the game they must merge with Apple, then get better software programmers to stop all of these flaws all window systems have had. Romor has it that the new operating system after Vista, will be bug free. I doubt it. wouldnt be Microsoft if it didnt have a problem. but I have noticed over the years, from Windows 3.0 to Vista. They have got better at what they are doing.

Man, you brought up a point that I really dislike, but is true. It's about Firefox.

I have noticed that a lot of sites that I frequent/used to frequent are now requiring Firefox for stuff. Even some school websites require it for their programs(online classes and stuff) and aren't even compatible with IE anymore!

I've used Firefox, Opera, etc. many times, but still, for some reason, I prefer IE.

I think I'm one of those people who just hates to change when it's not really a necessity. After all, IE works for me still. And I know it's a bad mindset, and it's the same one that is keeping Microsoft on top, but still, "Don't fix what isn't broken."

And of course some people will argue that anything Microsoft is flawed, but regardless, I just don't see any issues with it, :P.

What we need...Is a browser that already knows what we're looking for and even searches through the results on Google FOR us. No more "https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl > free webhosts > searches through 5000 results before finding Xisto." Instead, it would be "*thinks about free webhosts* > Browser automatically searches and comes up with Xisto, opens on screen with a message saying "The best!"*

And then I wake up from my dream, :P. If only...

I have to agree, but Microsoft will just have to throw down the flag and team up with Apple. With Fire fox out IE will not last. many have made the switch over and a lot more to come. It is my feeling for Microsoft to stay ahead of the game they must merge with Apple, then get better software programmers to stop all of these flaws all window systems have had. Romor has it that the new operating system after Vista, will be bug free. I doubt it. wouldnt be Microsoft if it didnt have a problem. but I have noticed over the years, from Windows 3.0 to Vista. They have got better at what they are doing.

I have to agree with you on some point. But Apple & MS are rivals but they share love-hate relationship. They can't stand each others presence and they can't live without each other. That is the reason MS is interested in deploying many technologies like .NET and WPF on Apple platform.

But this year MS made surprise move by Joining Apache Foundation, which Open source enterprise developer network. There are plenty of successful products from apache which beats MS products by miles. After considering this facts they decided to join apache. Now you can see Tomcat/Spring will soon support MS frameworks. After Windows 7 maybe they'll import lot of features and kernel improvements into Windows Operating system for sure.

All this is just about the future moves of MS but what i see from their attempts is people all over the world are moving away from MS and they'll not entertain MS products anymore in future. So sit back and relax to see if MS gains trust of people back over or continue to degrade it's quality in future.

Microsoft of course has a future, because if you think about it, despite what everyone says about the cloud, there will never be a chance for people to run fully fledged computing machines straight from the cloud. Becuase, unlike now where you pay a flat fee for the os, that way you have to pay for internet just to use the computer.Also on the topic of apple, apple will never overtake pc. Why? Because so far apple's only arguement is that it is not affected by viruses, so they don't actually release too many fixes. But when a larger number of users adopt apple mac, then they will have so many exploits, that people will revert to windows. Also, unlike microsoft, Aplle make you pay for service packs, so many people may feel that there is more advantages to switching to macs, but you ahve to look at the details.Overlall, Microsoft, if it gets less of these lawsuits will easily come out on top. Recently, the only reason people are doubting the credibility of Microsoft is becuase of Vista, but realistically most people have Windows then the rest put together.

Most people have Windows operating systems, yes, but lately I've been seeing a lot more people with Apple laptops, and with what I'm understanding, most servers(like web hosts) use Linux as their system of choice.Really, if people will quit being lazy and try out something new(Linux), Microsoft could be destroyed. The issue is that it doesn't seem to be happening at all, and the chances of it happening are very low.People are just afraid of change, and Microsoft is able to capitalize on that fear.

The future of Microsoft is as safe as the operating system you are viewing this thread on. Most probably- It will be Windows! That is just the beginning, 80 percent of the new programs being developed are for the same Windows platform. So Microsoft need not worry - it is here to stay as long as the technology does not completely migrate to some other OS which is so much user friendly, so much easy to operate and so widespread that surrounds the cores of almost a complete share of normal user category on earth. Other than that too, they have large corporate companies as their clients for the IT needs of the organizations and it in itself is a boon for them, business is running on Microsoft like anything. Have you wondered many other softwares which were only meant for some other OS are now being developed so as to suit the need of Windows based OS, just because majority of the IT users depend on this giant. Open source is definitely a upcomer but can not be considered as a threat as of now because it is in infancy where not much of the people have learnt to use it with ease. And as far as the cost of microsoft products is considered- the use of pirated softwares and OS is just a leisure which I think Microsoft is itself imposing on to the users, they can easily track the Pirated OSs and block it too, but they are letting it operate just because it is just a part of big business game, any how people are related to their products!