xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
srikpen

To Improve You Taste In Scrambled Eggs way to improve you taste in scrabbled eggs

Scrambled eggs always tastes better when:

You add one chopped onion per egg.

add a 2 to 3 touches of salt.

before putting in the eggs deep fry a chopped up tomato well so that all the water vanishes from the tomato and it becomes almost to the skin.

i'd say substitute butter for oil when cooking (although not indicated in the recipe). and add some milk to the bunch (although frankly i don't know how the taste would turn when added with onions). :rolleyes:

I love scrambled eggs. Of course, salt and pepper are the 2 main spices, just plain eggs would be pretty tasteless. Onions are great, hot peppers, olives, cheese, ham, mushrooms, bacon bits, pretty much anything you can find to throw in them. The Curry sounds interesting, I use it on hash browns, hadn't thought about eggs. Have to try that sometime.

I love scrambled eggs.... I usually crack the egg, and quickly chuck whatever random ingreadient I think will be good into the yolk so it gets cooked into the egg.... cheese, tomato... whatever....

I would definitely not add salt to scrambled eggs when cooking them - it does some sort of funky thing to the proteins and makes the eggs go a bit rubbery. Instead, taste your eggs when cooked and add a pinch of salt if you need it.I add in a few chopped semi-dried tomatoes, a small amount of freshly ground pepper, a handful of grated cheese (whatever is in the fridge) and some chopped fresh chives. If there happens to be some bacon around too, I would chop it up and fry it off before cooking the eggs, drain it on some ktchen paper, and add it about a minute into cooking the eggs.If you use milk or cream in your scrambled eggs, they come out nice and light, but if you are feeling a bit health conscious and don't want to use milk or cream, try adding orange juice instead. Yeah I know it sounds funky, but really, it does work.

Edited by Bad_MaNner$ (see edit history)

I like them with tomatoes, red peppers, onions, and spinach. Sometimes I add a little feta or blue cheese if it's lying around.

what i do.. is chop up some onion, tomatoes, and [smaller amount] of a peper [green pepper].. and it tastes amazing.. and less greesy etc..but yea.. salt is common sence..ever heard of ketshup ;)

What I do is cook the eggs slowly, and on the lowest heat setting, with butter.It supposed to make the proteins bind differently and it makes the eggs "smoother?" and in my opinion, taste better, of course.

I never liked plain scramble eggs. Once I asked my sis, "What's for dinner?" and she replied, "Eggs," I playfully burst out in mock-rage, "Eggs?!? Eggs?!? Who in his right mind eats eggs?" to which she replied, "Your beloved evil sister who will hit you with this pan in the near future."Seriously, though, I don't like scrambled eggs. My dad and I usually add some stuff to our eggs.1. Onions (white) and garlic - this is my dad's style, although he likes to burn his garlic. This one tastes quite strong2. Cheese and onions (white) - I got this idea from Neopets, where omelets are a staple (free) food good for three meals3. Ham/bacon, cheese and green peas - also known as the leftover meat-lover's omelet, I like burning this a bit4. Corn, de-seeded tomatoes and milk - fried in butter, it turns to lovely puffy yellow clouds with small red squaresWell, most of the time, I just mix'n match leftovers ;)