xisto Community
fayeebebe

Does Pro Active Work ? prevent acne

Yeah can anyone whos used it make some comments? I've seen the ads on tv and want to try it but still not sure I am willing to spend money on these kinds of thing? My skin is pretty horible so i'm looking to take care of it.

my cuzin uses it but i havent really checked out his skin lately.i've been pretty curious about that stuff too.is it just a fraud thing? or real? i've seen them sell it at the mallbut my parents always tell me taht it probably doesnt workthen when its on commerical and im like I WANT THAT they're likeoh its not that expense but blah blah blah.mall or tv? eitherway they seem to say no and yet say i should get somemy skins not horrible but its not great. i just want a flawless face hahahbut yep expericanced people spill the frijoles!!!

I wondered the same thing for a while. I was having massive breakouts but about a month after buying it my skin was clear. Now I only use it when I start to get pimples again. I'd recommend it to anyone with acne-prone skin.

It works kinda sorta. If you feel like spending up to $50 (I think it was) a shipment for a mediocre product, then go for it. I've been using it for about a year or 2 now. I was actually using it so much that I was getting shipments 3 times every 2 months. I still get shipments, but not that frequently. The only reason why I used it so much was because my face got so oily after school and before I went to bed. I still have acne, though it isn't as bad. You might be better off seeing a dermatologist. I want it noted that I might be retarded and have been using it improperly...because I can screw stuff up easily. I truly believe, though, that there might be better stuff out there. Sorry to disappoint, but to me it's just another company that wants your money.

I don't know what it is with girls and makeup, When they have it on they look nice but as soon as it comes off it looks horrible. Its like two different people. A friend of mine was using that product but when they don't have makeup on I think it looks worse. Maybe its just her skin type. Of course I do not say anything. I think if you can just avoid using makeup I'm sure it makes your skin worse over time and is doing more damage then good in the long run. I'm a guy but I've never tired anything and my skins not the best but I don't try to cover it up I think in the end my skin requires less care because I don't use any products on it like make up. I'm not sure if guys even use make up lol? do they ? Natural is the way to go just be proud of your looks and don't worry too much about what others will think. No ones perfect and makeup is only that just something to cover up your true features. Of course in worse cases like its use to cover up scarring from accidents or what ever I can understand the need for that. Yes girls just want to look pretty and makeup helps I get it. It attracts guys blah blah.

It all depends on the type of acne you have. I had really bad acne and it definatly worked somewhat, but in the long run I still had ridiculus acne. For serious cases of acne, Accutane is the best. But if you don't have cystic acne (that means the really big ones that burst) Proactive will probably work for you. I completely recommend it.

Well my big brother used to use it a while back and I believe it helped him a lot. My grandma was the one who was buying it for him. I mean the way it works with this is the same it works with every type of medicine. It has different effects and different results for EVERYONE, you all know you have seen that "actual results may vary" on the bottom of a commercial because it is the truth. I think the best thing to do is just try a couple cheaper products and shop around and see what works best for you. With medication you can't really take others words on it I believe at least. I know it may cost some money but buy a different bottle of acne cream and see how it helps. I don't know about dermatologists though I went TWICE to see one for my acne he prescribed some stuff and it barely helped and dried out my skin more than anything else.Back to the product, I think it tried it for a bit, it helped but no more than just washing your face with soap and water a couple times a day. I still stick with my argument above.To the topic of women wearing make-up sonsay. I agree completely. I understand if a girl wants to wear a little make-up for a special occasion, just like men wear cologne. But I don't like it when they wear it everyday right when they wake up. I suppose I am more attracted to the natural beauty of women, you know what you see is really what you get. Plus I guess make-up just gives you a false impression sometimes. I prefer women who don't wear make-up, like my girlfriend for example. She NEVER wears make-up and she doesn't have to because I call her pretty everyday. And it's not like she's not self conscience she just thinks she doesn't need it and doesn't like it, which is true. So maybe I have a special lady but if you talk to your girlfriend I am sure she will argue at first but just let her know you think she is beautiful without it.

I've been using it for three years now. For the first two and a half, I would always have this one, annoying little pimple. But that was it. However, around last fall I got a huge outbreak, and it didn't really fix it. Most of my friends that use it have no pimples at all . . . I don't get it. I still have them, and it gives me dry skin. (But that might have something to do with the fact I'm using several other products, too. Anyone else using more than one product like me needs to be reeeeeeeaaaaaallly careful, because you can easily burn your skin. Not pretty.)

Well, it really depends on what kind of acne you have. I, personally, have used pro-active before, and it somewhat worked for me. Also, supposedly my cousin used it and it didn't work for him, so you pretty much have two sides of the story. D: I'm willing to buy pro-active again, though, because it seemed like it was working very well for me. I don't remember it much though. :/-reply by Jamie

It depends on the type of acne you have. For most, it does work.Mine was pretty bad when I was in my teens, so I went to a Dermatologist and she recommended that I go in a pill.I forget the name because it was so long ago, but I remember that I can to go on a strict diet and get blood tests every 2 weeks.I was on this pill for about 5-8 months. My acne now is far better than it was. I only get one or two zits on my face during times of stress, vs-- many.I'd consult with a Dermatologist for a better answer. Find out what type of ache you have before you waste money on this that won't work for you.

About ProactiveDoes Pro Active Work ?[Proactive does not work. I have tried it for 2 and a half years. In between those years I have gained more black scars and open pores. I cry sometimes when I look at my face because I want flawless skin. I am a black female and I am on the search for the perfect face product. Can somebody pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeeeee help me!-reply by Ashley Edwards

Need Opions....!!Does Pro Active Work ?

I just started using practive two days ago and I got these little bumps all over my face they are red on my cheeks but not on my forehead. I don't know if it a rash or my body getting rid of the gunk before it clears up? I was also wondering if anyone else has through this and what they did? 

-reply by Presley