xisto Community
Liam_CF

Ftp Trap17 Account Help Please cPanel issues and cant upload files

A few days ago I tried to log into cPanel on my site (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) and it didnt work.

Also, whenever I try to upload a file (I use filezilla) I get this:

Status: Resolving IP-Address for liamssite.trap17.comStatus: Connecting to 64.69.46.210:21...
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [TLS]----------
Response: 220-You are user number 2 of 50 allowed.
Response: 220-Local time is now 11:31. Server port: 21.
Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
Response: 220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Command: USER liam
Response: 331 User liam OK. Password required
Command: PASS **********
Response: 530 Login authentication failed
Error: Could not connect to server

I have 11 hosting credits, so that's not the problem. Can anyone help me?
Notice from jlhaslip:
Mod title

Only you would know that. The cpanel password *might* *should* be different than your Forum sign-on.

Although I doubt this is case but when is the last time you successfully were able to log into your cpanel? The reason I say this because awhile back we had some issues with someone brute forcing themselves into hosting accounts here on trap because of simple passwords. I would suggest contacting the admin at Xisto - Support about your password problem so they can cross reference the log in to your account, and maure to provide them with your cpanel username, url and your IP number just in case thats the issue. If its not then I would suggest doing some serious posting and get about 15-20 credits and then change your password which requires 15 to change, but just double check to make sure the first scenario didn't happen.

um... you could try instead of logging in using http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ but just using liamssite.trap17.comAlso try typing out your username and password one by one, instead of just typing them in normally. You cPanel password could be different from your forum password since you get you choose it when signing up for it...Also according to the error report your password is wrong. As I said before type it in one by one.Also what FTP client are you using? make sure you are using one that is up to date, and you might want to consider using IPv6 since it supports it and it is a better version.Also you are kind of low on credits, if it doesn't work get 20 hosting credits and just apply for a password change.Also check that your options are correct. So that it might be blocking you out unless it has a certificate or something...

Try using ftp.liamssite.trap17.com as the host/server. It appears that you are attempting to connect to liamssite.trap17.com instead of ftp.liamssite.trap17.com. :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot Ryan (thats MiniK's name) but I'm still getting

Status: Resolving IP-Address for ftp.liamssite.trap17.comStatus: Connecting to 64.69.46.210:21...
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [TLS]----------
Response: 220-You are user number 3 of 50 allowed.
Response: 220-Local time is now 02:59. Server port: 21.
Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
Response: 220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Command: USER liam
Response: 331 User liam OK. Password required
Command: PASS **********
Response: 530 Login authentication failed
Error: Could not connect to server

Aww, this is a pain. I've almost got 15 credits now though.

Liam, Before you reset your password, send me (PM) your login info so that I may give it a go. This will tell me if the authentication error is at your end or at the server's end.*You are not obligated to send me your information. I am merely asking to see if I can log in to test out what's the real problem.