xisto Community
zamaliphe

File Permissions And Umask Question ?help Pleases file permissions and umask question ??help pleases

when i create new file using ftp or the file manger the file get the default permission of (rwx-r-r)when any php script create file it gets the sam permission rightbut i cant edit any new file crated by the php scripti cant even Chang the permissions for iti have to delete the file and create new one why ????and if the new file was a folder i cant edit any thinginside of itand how can i fix this???I'm fumler with the file permissions cause i use Linux debian :rolleyes:i just don't know what is happening herehow can i set the default umask to force the php scripts giving me the ownership of file already mine ;):D x:D can i set spacial umask for single folderso any new files or folder created inside that folder get the default permission of (rwx-rwx-rwx)how ???can i do this using .htaccess filehow ???thanks allot

If you are familiar with Linux, you should know that when a PHP script creates a file, although the same permissions may be attached like other files, the owner of the file is different. The owner becomes "www-data" (i believe), and not the one that gets placed upon uploading a file via FTP or the File Manager. The only way to change permissions or edit the desired file is to create another PHP that performs such actions. Same goes for deleting that file.