xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Cannot Delete Folders

HiI've just been trying to delete some directories, after finding out how to Make what I wanted to have work without needing a ton of them (See my Dynamic Directories topic)I say trying to delete them, because I don't seem to be able to. In FTP (I use Filezilla), I keep getting permission denied errors when I try to delete any of them. In the file manager, it says it's deleted them, but it hasn't. Also, I tried chmodding all the files to 777, but it wouldn't let me do that either.The folders I wanted to delete were all of those in the "profiles" directory (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/)Can an admin go through and delete all the folders (not the other files just in the profiles directory, but the folders) for me, or try and fix it so that I can do it myself? Thanks.

;)You can't delete the files or directories because you do not own them! ;)I'm not kidding, you realy don't own them.You probably created the directories with a script. Since the script actually tells the server to create the folders, the server owns the folders. Makes sense right, the server created them so the server owns them...In order to remove them, the server has to do it!No big deal, just write a small script to delete the folders your last script created...Or write a script to change CHMOD the folders and then you can delete them.Since you only have the one master folder that is afected, copy and important data from it then delete the whole thing and the rest will go with it.By the way, you aren't the first person to be stumped by this.Check out some of the related topics below!vujsa

It's all clear now.... ;) Thanks, I'll just make a script to delete them then. I was just starting to think that everything was going wrong for me today!