xisto Community
ICU102477

Missing Ltp1 Port Can't Install Printer Missing LTP1 Port Cant Install Printer

Is the post built into yout motherboard?If so, you might have to re-install the drivers. If you have not got them on disk, go to the companys site and have a look there, or do a google search for it... ;)

Is the post built into yout motherboard?

If so, you might have to re-install the drivers. If you have not got them on disk, go to the companys site and have a look there, or do a google search for it...  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know what to find of search eh, no idea yet what driver i might be needed, i have the disk included in the motherboard and try to reinstall the whole operating system and reformat the hard drive. but still the LPT1 port is missing. you have the website where i can find the said driver I really need it and really appreciate your help.. Plsss

I don't know what to find of search eh, no idea yet what driver i might be needed, i have the disk included in the motherboard and try to reinstall the whole operating system and reformat the hard drive.  but still the LPT1 port is missing.  you have the website where i can find the said driver I really need it and really appreciate your help.. Plsss

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes LTP1 Port is built-in or attached to the mainboard, i have the disk and try to reinstall it but still no LPT1 port was detected.

Maybe something/someone buzzed in your BIOS settings. Some BIOS's do have an option of turning on/off the LPT ports. So go into your BIOS (hit DEL while the post is on - the black screen at the begining of turning the computer on), and search there.And in fact - sometimes software can change the BIOS settings, so it could be done if someone dissagrees.

Since you did not put down an Operating System I'll use XP Pro for this example (Should be the same for XP Home but I can't check that now).

Step one does your computer have any hardware conflicts?

Click ?Start?, ?All Programs":, ?Accessories?, ?System Tools?. Select ?System Information?. Under ?Hardware Resources? Select ?ConflictsSharing? see what is in there and if there are any ?Conflicts? Sharing is OK, Conflicts are not.

Second step is: Did you check the settings in your "Device Manager"?

On your taskbar, click "Start", then "Control Panel". Double click "System", select the "Hardware" tab, then "Select Device".

Expand the list at "Ports (Com & LPT). Here your com and lpt ports are listed. If you see the LPT port , right click on the line that say "ECP Printer Port (LPT)" (This may be differnt in your setup but the line should have (LPT) in it. From the dropdown box you can select to:

Update Drivers

disable or enable the port (If disabled "enable")

Scan for Hardware Changes

Properties

If the first 3 options did not work then you have to click on "Properties"

In Properties:

"General" Tab, You can Troubleshoot, and Enable/disable device

"Port Settings" Tab, Select "Never use interrupts", Uncheck "Enable Legacy ...", Select LPT! if not already selected.

"Driver" Tab, You have "Details", Update", "Rollback" and "Unistal"l (Self explanatory!)

"Resources" Tab, Look on the bottom to see if there are any conflicts.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have a different OS.

Nils

how old is your computer and printer? if they both support USB just use that, if they don't it also sounds to me as though the LTP port is disabled in your BIOS, I keep it disabled too so it doesn't take resources.

how old is your computer and printer? if they both support USB just use that, if they don't it also sounds to me as though the LTP port is disabled in your BIOS, I keep it disabled too so it doesn't take resources.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah my printer uses usb doesnt urs? check, if it does u might needa buy a cable for it, but iono this is just how my printer is setup

um,according to my expierense ,u should check the drive of your printer and check the Ltp1 port.because the drive of Ltp port had been installed after u installed the os.usually microsoft windows offer all drives for the motherboard except chip and inner modem drive.in fact the drive of LPt port must exist.i think that there may be some physical problem with your comp and you'd better to fix the hardware.good luck! :rolleyes: