xisto Community
bradley908

Content Management System (cms) What CMS to choose...

I just looked at my remaing credits and it was only 1, so i remembered what I needed to find out.I need a CMS for my website!I have tried lots of CMS(s) and have had very little luck.I would like to know some CMS(s) that you would reccommend me to use.Some I have tried:CT2 CMS 2.0 betaJoomlaEazyPortal<i>and some others, I can't remember<i>It needs the following:Themes avaliableAble to be hosted hereBusiness Looking (ie; very formal)No Ad(s)Free for non-commercial useForumRegistration for membersAdministratorPlease post some CMs(s) names in this forum to give me some help with choosing one.Also it would be appreciated if you could also post the links.I am desperate for a great CMS, a silverish theme would be great also.Thanks,

snewscms.comsNews is a "Developer's" Content management System because it is very adaptable and easily modified to suit your needs. On the other hand, it also is quite easy to implement into a Template with little or no coding experience.Check it out. Lots of Themes available, too. It fits most Wordpress Themes, too.

I have used a couple different ones, however its early in the morning and I cannot remmeber all of them that i have used, however wordpress, I do recall using sNews, and I beleive it was pretty good? At least i have heard of it before. Anywys, with all my experience with designing web pages, and still learning, it seems to be the same everytime. CMS's are great for easy, fast websites. However, they usually aren't that flexible. The main reason to use a cms is for easy and fast updating of a webpage. Such as news, which is why I think sNews is pretty good, if you can't find one after awhile, my best advice to you, if you really want that news type thing, do a iframe. That way, you can put in news, and the news can be changed from a simple page. Thats probably the best way to do it, but remember that just because you can't find a good cms, doesn't mean you can't make a simple one yourself.

I've used Php-Fusion and e107. Both of them are pretty good. e107 is still in 0.78, but it's still usable. Of the two, I'd reccomend e107. The only real problem with e107 is there's kind of a lack of themes thus far because of it being newr than others.

I am learning typo3, though I haven't finish learning it, I think typo3 is the exact CMS I will use.you can google typo3 to find it's web, and I think it is the most flexible CMS that meet my require.But the advantage leads to a difficult learning at the beginning.

I've used Php-Fusion and e107. Both of them are pretty good. e107 is still in 0.78, but it's still usable. Of the two, I'd reccomend e107. The only real problem with e107 is there's kind of a lack of themes thus far because of it being newr than others.

Thanks DeM0nFiRe, I think that I am going to use PHP-Fusion, as it seems stable and has a few themes that I, personally thing are just great!
Thanks for your help guys.
And keep rolling in the CMS's for other people/companies, requiring them.

Cheers!

OK I have checked out your preferences for the CMS system or as it is known content menagment system and you should try out Joomla as you already said that you have used Joomla already then you go for it. It has all your preferences and you can add everything with little knowledge of mysql and php. Also it is exttremly easy to use and set up. I honestly suggest it.

there are two CMSs i'm testing on my local machine, which some of you may want to try on your own. :D

the first is MODxCMS (http://modx.com/) and the other one is SilverStripe (https://www.silverstripe.com/). i think these two CMSs have promising futures, if more users and developers come to know of and use them. just review the features each of them have and you'll see why. :) MODxCMS is touted as a "Content Management Framework" -- equal parts custom web app builder and CMS, which is more powerful if you come to think of it since it is not just a CMS in itself. you may have to get used to its administration to make full use of the system though. SilverStripe on the other hand is striking for its simplicity in its interface. and it extends easily to include a forum, blog, ecommerce, and gallery if you'd like those features.

you gotta see the demo sites to check if any fits your requirements:

MODxCMS - http://demo.opensourcecms.com/modx/

SilverStripe - http://demo.silverstripe.org/

Hi ServerphYou mentioned Silverstripe, I was just wondering if anyone had any experience in installing Silverstripe on a Xisto host.I tried to install this on a freetzi host but they only allow a 16MB Memory limit for PHP. Silverstripe requires at least 20MB.

I just reviewed the silverstripe requirements and the Xisto server should be fine to set-up this package.I did not, however, look at the size of the download or the size of a Base Install, so i do not know which Hosting Package it might require. The small Hosting package may not be enough.Good luck with your site.