xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Karusune

Thought And Religion My basis on why I personally do not agree with most religions.

There are many ideas that come up in this world that science has either failed to or just simply cannot explain through tests and being able to use some sort of knowledge to link things together. Human beings for some reason, must know exactly how this world works and the reasons as to why such a creation is able to function in some sort of way. Through this reasoning, people constantly try to find ways to believe in what they want to believe, and therefore turn to some sort of religion to explain the world to them. With this in mind, there have been many religions created based on what someone believes in, and when they give their side of the story and present their evidence, people are going to follow them because the human mind is unable to process whether such ideas could be true or false unless they have been trained to question the motives of another human being.In other words, anyone who has never really thought about their religion from the other side will most likely believe in what they read inside of a bible or from what a preacher/family member has told them. These religions have practical beliefs in how the world works and the reasons to both death and life as we know it, but are unable to explain even the simplist problem that faces modern day religion. The meaning of life is something no one has been able to accurately define for another human being because it is something that each individual must be able to find for themselves, and no religion can really tell one how to live their life based on what some bible tells them to do.When you give your heart out to these religions, you somewhat understand the values that are brought upon by the respected heads of that specific church, and will most likely follow by their guidelines. However, when someone is forced to believe in something but family, friends, or even a ruling party inside of a country, that religion has surpassed the point at which it can be considered a religion and has more or less become a forced belief. Many human lives have been exterminated for beliving in something other than what a certain party believed in, which is completely wrong on both sides of the argument considering that most religions frown upon the forcing of others to believe in their religion, and to put such responsibility on anyone to force it upon someone else is considered a "sin" by most.History constantly repeats itself by following the same path of destruction and decay by parents forcing their children to believe in one religion when they really believe in another, or by a teacher forcing religion upon their students for the sake of self-appeasement. To put it simply, people have a hard time understanding something that they do not want to understand because all men may have been created equal, but they were not created under the same philosophies and should not be expected to have the same dreams and ideas. For the most part, the entire history of this earth, as far as humans go, has been war after war over the base of religion.I personally consider myself to lack a true religion and am not here to debate which religion is right and which religion is a lie, I am merely here to give people another side of the story of this so called "justice". There are many people around the world that are being executed for different beliefs, I promise everyone that the same feelings run through many people in every single country as some people may not agree with another belief. These difference in beliefs may even fall further than skin deep, as people of different colors and heritages are unable to get along based on the simple fact that their fathers were unable to get along. Hatred may be somewhat of instinct, which is where a lot of the hatred amongst religions would come from, but there has to be that original spark to set the fire ablaze.Maybe I am the only one that is feeling this way about the world and the religions inside of it, and maybe I am wrong about the basis of many religions. I know not every single religion is the same and that people have many different beliefs and ideas, I am merely explaining my philosophy in this world and do not expect everyone to agree with me. Quite a few people would disagree with me, but I can only respect them for their beliefs and allow myself to be subjected to any criticism. Though, there is no doubt in my mind that this may offend a few individuals out there that are either strong in what they believe in or are dwindling a bit between two different religions, but I am sure for the most part people will find me to be right in one way or another.

Religion, is how we try to connect our reality to those beyond our understanding. It could be true that each of us has its own way of connecting. Hence, each has its own religion. But for the most part, people has common ways. Prayer is one of the greatest examples. You are certainly right when you said that people want to find ways to believe what they want to. It could be for a sense of ownership or of being in control of what we are and what we can be.

Yes this is a very interesting topic..I would say I am not very religious myself.. But I do believe in some things.There are many top scientists that withold this information. I believe for human rights and to have their own freedom to beileve what they will. I mean come on, THEY REALLY DON'T.. I mean don't want you to know anything that goes on.. Do they want you to know about the latest bomb? It's all how you want it to be.You are just an ant to the world finding it's way to hope.. I also believe reilgion is a form of fear.. People wanting to be comforted by something when they pass on.. for hope.. It's really only about hope.. It's what life depends on.. Without hope there would be fear... wait.. see where that adds up? I don't want to fill any minds because I ask myself these questions and I was raised to believe in such a thing called god.. "Christian." And to me now it only makes since that God is the world. It's what created us. No I am defiantly not saying he is not a spirit because spirit is life.. How do plants grow? Life.. the world. Yes I do believe in after lives.. but I honestly can't say what will happen to good or bad? I necessarly don't believe in a "hell." I believe hell is what you make it.. If there was such a thing.. That would suck. I surely hope I don't go! lmao. I do believe however, since I have such an amount of fear, that if all of this religion was real I would.. be in a hole. Do to the fact that I really don't know.. Seriously to be honest nobody knows.. It's only hope. It's all it is.. So my words is to just have hope? Hope can be a scary thing but take your chances..[hr=noshade] [/hr]By the way... You completely say everything. However remember goverment does not ever .. I mean EVER want us to know what's really going on.. I mean ..I am not saying global warming will happen.. but it is known that all countries believe and that have been told this will forsure happen. Yet the U.S still denies this to this day... Thus other countries are trying to do something about it.. IF you know where I am going with that.. It's really all top secret. They have also tried teleporting with an apple.. Well from what I heard it did work, but the apple was scrapped terribly.. This came from my old really close friend. His mom was really good friends with a guy that was best friends with a NASSA area 511 worker. Still to this day I think we are the feew that know this. I am hoping because he would seriously get in big trouble.. Yeah I am posting this.. LMAO but like you know the real name eh?

Edited by Rebma (see edit history)

Religion is definitely a way that people are going to connect with each other because human beings want interaction with other beings. We are interested in the lives of others because we can connect another individual's life with our own, which is a way to appease our curiousity. However, when we are lied to and are forced to believe something other than the truth, we are deceived into believing something other than what we want. When the human mind is lied to and it finds the truth, it could react violently by either physically attacking the liar, or mentally attacking them by spreading the truth around.I guess you could say that's how the United States is reacting to terrorism right now. There are a select few that know some sort of truth from the studies that they have done, and they have spread it around in order to let the truth be known. Those who were raised to give 100% trust in our government will either shrug it off or try to fight against it by giving false information only because they are too afraid to accept what appears to be the truth. It's sad that people can be taken by a false belief only to be shown the truth. Those who truly believe in the lies will follow them despite the proof being given to them...Personally, I have absolutely no problem with what people want to believe in, in terms of the god they choose or the many gods they want to believe in because that is not going to affect me. As long as they respect me for who I am, I am going to respect them for who they are. The main problem through all of this is the fact that there are people who will attack someone personally based on what they believe in, even if the other person has not done a single thing to threaten the attacker. That is the main reason why I do not believe in modern day philosophy.

Everybody believes differently. There are no two people in the world who believe everything the same way. There are always differences in beliefs. We just have to live with that. What matters is what you believe in and how do you go on to live your life according to your beliefs.

It's great that you have such an outlook on life, and I could only wish other people would be able to see things that way as well. Sometimes, it's almost as though people never want to take the easy way out of things by merely being nice to each other, and instead, must cause problems for others just because they are different. What I believe in may not be what other people believe in, but it's the fact that I at least do believe in something that matters, right?

Strange topic, since I find Thought to be the worst enemy of Religion and vise versa. Productive thought is the one that takes as little as it can for granted, so as to result in a new idea. On the other hand, religion (well, most religions - I don't know them all) are based on "Believe and not question". How could you really use your intelligence when you are averted from questioning?

I agree with remalia, most religions don't take kindly to much questioning...I also don't consider myself much of a believer, I believe in something, but I'm not sure what... My brain functions in a practical way, I need to know exactly how something works, and how to recreate it... It's not enough for someone to tell me "hey, it works like that, and stop asking questions"... Now, I need to see for myself that it in fact is like that...I can justify religions coming to life 2000 years ago, and longer, because people living in that time were less developed, and had to have some way of explaining a shooting star, or an eclipse... Few men that stood out intellectualy, saw this as an opportunity, and that's how some religions were created... As a way to controll the masses... In that day, it was enough to say "steal, and God shall strike you down", and people would mostly believe it, because priests were supposed to be closer to God, or whatever Deity... I suppose people back then were much more naive...if someon would tell me now, "steal, and God shall strike you down", I'd tell him his insane, and to prove me, how infact will God strike me down...I like to ask questions, and that will always remain that way... That's why I suppose, I'll never be able to belong to any religion, I just don't blindly follow every word someone tells...And I agree, that people should focus les on that religious part, when connecting to other people... I know here, in Serbia, there are many of those who believe Orthodox Christianity is the right religion... Ok, maybe it is, maybe it isn't... But when I say I'm not religious, most of them will distance themselves from me, like I'm contageous or something, and say I'm not a true Serb... Well what the hell does that mean? What, all Serbs have to be Orthodox by default? And sadly, many deaths have occured in the Balkans in the '90s, solely on the base of religion: Orthodox, Catholic and Muslims were fighting each other... Sad, really, that people can go as low as that... And I agree, there is some spark to set all that on fire, but I'm not sure what it is... People living 20 years together, Orthodox and Muslim, suddenly turn on each other, mixed families broken apart... I suppose humans have to evolve much more, in orther to avoid extinction...

well. yes i DO believe in afterlives as ive taken pictures and found that there was a lady in my pic (that wasnt therre with me when i took the pic) but i however do not belive there is a superior being. since we only use up like 5% of our brains maybe the "superior being" is acualy the other 95%. for if we could use the rest of our brain could we move objects, create new matter, or think up somthing that would somtime become real? "Praying" could just be summoning the extra 1% making us feel better and cleansed. maybe the mind is deceving us making us belive that there is somthing extra out there. but i do know that the bible has contradicted itself many times because we have changed the rules. which is why the religions are reluctant to say anything. i hope it didnt offend anyone but that is what i belive

You can't blame the actions of people on religion, only on the people taking the actions.Religion doesn't kill people, people kill people.Whether or not there is a so-called "superior being" is an interesting question that has plagued humankind for many millenia. We have no proof of it's existence nor do we have any proof against it's existence.If people want to believe in it, that's fine. If they don't? Also fine. But forcing your will upon someone else, or insulting them because they don't hold the same mindset of you is ridiculous.War is never really started over religion. War is started over stupid dictators who can't control their ego and want to force their will upon others (whether it be through religion, or another set of ideals).Don't try and blame religion. There's absolutely nothing wrong with religion. Bad people do bad things and cause bad stuff to happen. Religion is a group of ideas, it can't kill someone.

History constantly repeats itself by following the same path of destruction and decay by parents forcing their children to believe in one religion when they really believe in another, or by a teacher forcing religion upon their students for the sake of self-appeasement. To put it simply, people have a hard time understanding something that they do not want to understand because all men may have been created equal, but they were not created under the same philosophies and should not be expected to have the same dreams and ideas. For the most part, the entire history of this earth, as far as humans go, has been war after war over the base of religion.And that corresponds not only to religion. If you look back - every single war in the history of mankind except the ones for territory was because of some minor differences - eye color, skin color, religion, beliefs, nationality, tradition, etc. That is quite depressing that we all cannot live together in peace. Why do people have to look for the differences, when there are so many similarities?

History constantly repeats itself by following the same path of destruction and decay by parents forcing their children to believe in one religion when they really believe in another, or by a teacher forcing religion upon their students for the sake of self-appeasement. To put it simply, people have a hard time understanding something that they do not want to understand because all men may have been created equal, but they were not created under the same philosophies and should not be expected to have the same dreams and ideas. For the most part, the entire history of this earth, as far as humans go, has been war after war over the base of religion.
And that corresponds not only to religion. If you look back - every single war in the history of mankind except the ones for territory was because of some minor differences - eye color, skin color, religion, beliefs, nationality, tradition, etc. That is quite depressing that we all cannot live together in peace. Why do people have to look for the differences, when there are so many similarities?

you know whats always had me going for a loop are 'war hawks' people, usualy government officials in our day and age' who support war for money. war, being the crazy profitable business it is atracts lots of attention from all sorts of cultures, be it in the vein of buying and selling wepons, to going to another place and takeing what they have.

my old room mate used to say that its part of our survival as humans, even though he himself has never been in a war let alone even a fight in school. which is funny cause i've greatly enjoyed fighting in my life through application of martial arts, a point he often brought up, but that never makes it right or good.

he used to say what you do if you were in the position of our soldiers, out in iraq, what you would you do? and i'd say "i'd kill the f-----ingf---vhrfb---faces" but the real trick is to not have to end up in that position.

you know what thats called, mf-in' wisdom. foresight... to see that if you go down this or that route you'll run the risk of killing some one or being killed, or haveing to be in the position to have to choose.

...all in all, war kills people, which is non benificial for many, and in some case costs more than it earns. if you dont belive me go fight, go fight a person of the street, try to steal a wallet. and see what happens. fighting while fun, isnt cool. thats why soldiers end up with psycho-trauma *BLEEP*.

but back on the topic of the original post... go watch the movie contact... then i suggest going and studying taoism. because even beliving in nothing is still beliving. lol

Replying to foofight48"well. Yes I DO believe in afterlives as ive taken pictures and found that there was a lady in my pic (that wasnt therre with me when I took the pic) but I however do not belive there is a superior being. Since we only use up like 5% of our brains maybe the "superior being" is acualy the other 95%. For if we could use the rest of our brain could we move objects, create new matter, or think up somthing that would somtime become real? "Praying" could just be summoning the extra 1% making us feel better and cleansed. Maybe the mind is deceving us making us belive that there is somthing extra out there. But I do know that the bible has contradicted itself many times because we have changed the rules. Which is why the religions are reluctant to say anything. I hope it didnt offend anyone but that is what I belive"Actually, it is a myth that we only use 10% of our brains, when in reality, most of the time we use 90-100% of it daily, it is just that most of the functions of our brain our in our subconsious,-reply by Typhon

Actually, it is a myth that we only use 10% of our brains, when in reality, most of the time we use 90-100% of it daily, it is just that most of the functions of our brain our in our subconsious

Lies. Most people use about 1% of their brain potential, and maximum brain potential is pretty much limitless. But calculating percentages of infinity is wrong in the first place... Edited by dre (see edit history)