xisto Community
varalu

Best Of Firefox Extension ? Everthing about mozilla firefox extensions/ addons

I know this is a bit tough to decide from everyones perspective... But i thought there are always some winners and losers.
So... i thought i will post this question to the forum and see what others think about this.

There are some extensions... without that people cannot have their browsers... I am totally addicted to some of the extensions without which i cannot open my browser.

Rather than explaining and speaking about the performance , features and usability of the extensions...it will be better to post your addictive level to that extension. Like i mean how it is so useful for very basic needs.

Also i am adding some links that i recently came across....
These are basically reviews on firefox extensions/addons.

1. 50 best firefox extensions
2. Top 10 firefox extensions

Also do post if you have new extensions to share with the members you are most welcome... if you come across some really good extensions do post it here.

@zamaliphe,may be you have not gone through all the extensions in the website... Some of them are really really useful man...And some of them will make your online experience very useful.... i strongly recommend you to go thru these extensions.

Here again.... I have been doing some more searches on rating the best addons/ extensions for firefox.

I believe most people would rely on the reviews and ratings given my magazines rather than individuals. So i thought this will help.

Below is the rating.

The top 15 as rated by PC Magazine.

Do not stop there.

There is more to firefox extensions -- Yes, you can customize them more and even extend them the way you want.

How to customize them?

This link will help you do exactly that. Scot, who operates this website has also given more tips and tricks on this. Like, recommendations, additions, tips , rating and more...

And finally i cannot resist posting this link.

http://lesliefranke.com/files/firefoxyourway/

This has the rating of all the extensions based on category. So, your time on selecting will be less than ever.

Do try and post your feedback... This may help others.

Edited by varalu (see edit history)

The Adblock Plus, and Adblock Filterset.G Updater are irreplaceble B) Neither Opera or Internet Explorer 7 does have an active extension, which to block all the ads. Opera tries to do that, but you have to block manually the images. So - Long live Firefox :P

yep...

Adblock is really a nice piece of addon. Makes you happy when you are online by blocking all unwanted ads.

I think the foxmarks is a extension which most meet my require.it can keep bookmarks same in diffrent computer.

Though i have never used foxmarks... it seems interesting. Going to use from now on.... lets see how it turns out to be...
will post more about foxmarks soon...

Link for foxmarks: http://www.xmarks.com/
Edited by varalu (see edit history)

Well, I would recommend IE Tab for Firefox, which lets anyone use the Internet Explorer engine for some especific sites that don't accept the use of non IE browsers (like Bank sites, and that things). So you have the best of both worlds, you could still keep using Firefox (it extensions and themes) and be able to see the sites that refuse Firefox (heheh, every time I use the Firefox on my mac (without the IE Tab) to enter my bank page they recommend me to download IExplorer for Mac .... which has been abbandoned for four years now :rolleyes: !).

And i thought there will be someone who will be making some mention about stumbleupon addon... This is a very nice piece of software that does many things.... for more..
http://www.stumbleupon.com/

My favo extension is AdBlockPlus, i think everyone must install this extension because of its amazing function.
anyone who install it never regret i think.
Yes, i also agree that if you install much of extension, the firefox will heavy to load when startup.
So just install which you are really use.

Worst FireFox Extensions goes to: Faster Firefox lol.
Hated that. To be honest, there isn't really any great firefox extensions, that i've experienced.

wow., what do you mean about that?
worst goes to faster? i really like the faster one.
btw2 no any great extension? i think there are a lot of great extension, arent theY?
maybe you may give us some example
:o:D

I also found on their site that it's possible to make your own extensions. I started to look into it, but it got to be way too much for me. If you're good at programming, I guess you could look into that, because it looked like you could do pretty much anything, if you know what you're doing.