xisto Community
Crypto

When Someone Close Dies...

How do you react?If someone cam up to you today and told you your mom died what would you do?I would either start breaking down or just be in shock but I do not know.And how do you get over it?How do you get over the fact that you will never see them again?I just don't know what I would do.

If my parents died I would be very sad, but I would think about the song "When I get where I'm going" by brad Paisley and ask God for guidance, I know he would help me through anything that comes my way. I don't think it would hit me as hard as it would my brother even though I'm much closer to my parents, but I think I would still be very somber for a few weeks after.

The first thing I would do is cry, of course. Which is what I did when I received a phone call that my father had died. Then I would turn to my surviving family members as a support system. Gathering together all those immediately affected by this death will give everybody the strength to go on. Then I would read the poem Gone From My Sight. This would soften the blow a little. The reality of things will hit you after the funeral. Mourning is the next step. Everybody must go through it at their own pace. Talking about it does help a lot, but you mustn't bore people by obsessing on it. Things do get easier to cope with over time. Prayer helps, if you are inclined.

yeah....I cant imagine how it would be......but, we must remember, all living things will be died one day....So, the time will come.....only we don't know when.....and when it comes, i think i must accept it, even it's very hard.....but what to do......it was a fate, and we must going through it....day by day passed by......the sadness will go away.....yeah...i hope..... :rolleyes:

It would hit me hard and I'd cry a bit. I'd also worry about my brother and what's going to happen to him. I'd try to put on a brave face for him.I wouldn't cry that much. I don't really cry though.

My father passed away when I was 16 years old.When I first get the news from my father's friend, I felt like my left arm has broken, and I cried, and cried and cried....and felt like to stop school. BUT then, my mom said she would be dejected and heartbroken seeing me like that.She beg for me to stop crying and live my life. Because of her, I continue to act normalNow, I have succesfully finish my degree and get a job :rolleyes:. But, still I cry alone when I remember my dad ;). (Of course, I cannot cry in front of my mom)

It depends on who and why they died. When my grandma died, i was very sad. I wasn't depressed, but just sad. I remember I couldn't get passed the bargaining stage of grief, maybe it was because she had cancer and i felt like she could be brought back if they just tried. But mostly i was just filled with sadness, and a little bit of guilt. But when my friend died because he committed suicide, i was more depressed. I think this was because he died so suddenly, and i felt like i could have prevented it, had i known he was as depressed as he was. It actually made me very suicidal. There's been other deaths, but the two above were the ones that hit me the hardest. But you can't know how you will react until it happens.

I lost my mom in 1990. She had battled cancer for many years, but it finally caught up with her.I was away on a business trip when I got the call from her doctor to come home right away because she'd taken a turn for the worse. When I got to the hospital, her room was filled with family... both my mom and dad had done volunteer work at the same hospital, so I guess they were making an exception for her and let more than the normal amount of visitors in the room. It felt like a party - she was in bed, but looking happy and chatting with everyone in the room. Since I'd seen her swing back from a few serious moments before, I thought maybe she would fool us all again and be coming home. We all said goodnight and let her rest.The next morning when we arrived at the hospital, she wasn't active at all. My dad, brother and I just hung out with her all day and kept telling her stories and jokes, and of course, how much we loved her. She passed away that night. It was hard for both my brother and me, but it was incredibly difficult to see the pain my dad was feeling. They were very close. I was sad for a long time, but knowing how full of life my mom had been, I knew that she would want us all to remember her, but move on with our lives. You know how they say that when people die they're still part of you? I always kind of nodded my head when I heard that and thought it was just something people said when they wanted you to feel better after losing someone close. But a strange thing started happened after she passed away. I'd be listening to music or watching TV and something would just hit me... a 'mom would have loved that' or 'mom would have cracked up over that' moment. And as I heard the music or joke or whatever, I could actually feel her with me, swaying to the rhythm or laughing with me. Now 17 years later, it still happens... and I love when it does. I wish it would happen more often.I guess what they say is true - you never really lose a person you love when they die. IMHO, there's always a part of them that stays with you.