xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
itek4u

Murphy's Law: Kicking You When You're Down

What is it about things lately. Last Wednesday I had a bunch of jobs to do which was going to make me a good chunk of change. I was on my way when I got stopped for "a tail light out", which I found out yesterday was not true. Lo and behold they found a ticket warrant for me. I went to jail for 8 days where I lost my jobs and am suspended indefinitely from where I get my work. Now I am Trapped big time and about to lose electricity and you name it. Why won't the authorities work with you when they know you have a fine reputation and are a business owner in a delicate situation?

That really was a low thing to do, for just a ticket warrant they can make your whole life miserable,just because they can, thats how the law works nowadays.But if the tail light situation wasnt true, why not go to the authorities and claim they reverse the damage or sue em?

8 days for not paying a ticket? While that does sound a bit extreme, I sure wish they would of caught one of the sorry dirt bags that I have warrents out on for writing me hot checks. That is stealing, no doubt about it, and would deserve jail time.

What I would do is sue them, and also sue Murphy for making his law. That way you can get attention to your case and I dont know, maybe something interesting could happen. Everybody has heard about the person who sued god right?

Sounds like a corrupt system to me. There are organizations in this country who can help with these kind of situations, being treated unfairly that is. Although taking the police to court is not such a good idea. Its hard to fight the authorities.

I was thinking that the original poster must be from some third world country and didn't think much of it. But, out of curiosity, I looked at the original post and saw he's from east TX. Now it all makes perfect sense. Pack your things and move north if you know what's good for you!

My boyfriend's license got suspended because he didn't show up to court, which was his fault, even though he forgot he even had court (he's been extremely busy at work and life in general). Anyway, it was suspended and he was told he couldn't get it back until he went back to court, but it didn't give a date or a number, nor even a warning stating if he didn't go to court by this date, he will lose his license. He was, of course upset about it, because it's hard to go to work if your license is suspended. He got it all taken care of and stuff, but how it they chose to do it was rather ridiculous, and caused so much confusion.Anyway it sucks that you were sent to jail for 8 days on a count of a warrant for a ticket not being paid. Especially when there are people out there who have several unpaid tickets and also people out there who are wanted for far worse crimes. But hopefully everything will turn out to be okay, and if not you can at least take this situation as a reminder of how unfair life is, and that you should always expect to be kicked when you are down - though wouldn't you rather be kicked while you are down, then be pretty high and brought down by someone tragic?

I once heard about a man who was at an airport, and his son walked of so he called "BOB" "BOB" to get him back, the kids name was bob, and the people around him thought BOB meant Bomb on Board so ASIO took the man away, tracked all his emails, phone calls etc. and he is put in jail and released on bail or something. He doesnt know that everything is tracked, so his explaining the situation to a friend and says something like "F%^&ING ASIO!!" and they immediately come and surround his house and he gets arrested ^^Being grounded isnt so bad... i know how you feel, but perhaps sometimes you can leave MSN alone??? with that man he was innocent civilian caught up in security... now that would suck...