xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
debreb4

Really Depressed Etc. Overwelmed

I have been diagnosed with major depression. I lost a job that was great for many reasons. because of it and was on disabilty. I have been trying to find a job now but with no luck. my husband filed for a divorce shortly after I lost the job. I should have because he is an alcoholic-not a nice one. I lost my vehicle because he has it now after giving it to me. I am faced with eviction. he won't help me anymore. There are other things , too. I have really tried. I have been in the hospital alot-they just keep you and let you go if you have been 51/50'd. Right now I am as close as i have ever been to not wanting to go on. I am deparate and scared-lossing hope with job prospects and counseling and hospitaliztion and medication don't work. I do't see any other option right now.

I have been diagnosed with major depression. I lost a job that was great for many reasons. because of it and was on disabilty. I have been trying to find a job now but with no luck. my husband filed for a divorce shortly after I lost the job. I should have because he is an alcoholic-not a nice one. I lost my vehicle because he has it now after giving it to me. I am faced with eviction. he won't help me anymore. There are other things , too. I have really tried. I have been in the hospital alot-they just keep you and let you go if you have been 51/50'd. Right now I am as close as i have ever been to not wanting to go on. I am deparate and scared-lossing hope with job prospects and counseling and hospitaliztion and medication don't work. I do't see any other option right now.

It really looks like you are going through a testy time. I understand totally about how you could have a depression getting more severe after all the lousy life events that you are going through right now. I have been there. I am going through it now. I can tell you it is going to pass though. Your husband does not sound like a very good human at all. He could of waited a bit and not bombed you during your very hard time. You can do better than that for sure. Do not give up! The sky stays blue, the sun shines, the clouds rain. It is only human events that can effect us so deeply. This too will pass I promise you. Find a little ray of sunshine and pull onto that ray with all your gumption. The more negative you are the more negative it gets, until it is so hopeless appearing. Please grab that little ray of sunshine and little positive things will start to occur.

And I thought my problems with examinations after I finish school and with girls were worth a depression :P You are really going through a hard time B) I can fully agree with itek4u-try to grab some single ray of hope. When I am said I aways listen to my favourite songs no matter what their lyrics are-I mean even depressing lyrics hope a lot :P. Like for example listen to this one-it really has some good lyrics: Good Charlotte - Hold on . It really helps me hold on :D . Start thinking about good things, dream when you lay your head to bed B) Try to see life in a positive way- I know it's really hard but it's worth fighting for! And remember: "That that don't kill me can only make mi stronger!"

Emotionally I am DrainedReally Depressed Etc.I too have been going through some very hard times. I have always been a very giving person, but a person can only give for so long. My husband also left me after I lost my job. He said he wasn't happy anymore. He left me because I could no longer help him and his daughter financially anymore. While we were together for five years (married 1 1/2 Years), he didn't have a job for at least 1 1/2. I never abandoned him and I always told him I would always be there for him during these hard times because I would want him to be there for me. Well the coward left and moved out. I know it is for the best. He is an acoholic and a pot head. Doesn't care about having any responsbilities. He lost his medical license because of this. All he cares about his drinking, smoking, his kids and grand kids. Hang in there and pray. Hold on to that ray because it will lift you up. Jesus is with us and he will never abandon us.

I think depression is something that you can control.. something that you can stop because its purely mental. I mean, if you're told enough that you're depressed, you need help, you're going to start believing it unfortunately. I think that if you discard what people think, you can pull yourself away from depression.

I can't hope to convince you that I empathize with you, because I don't, I have not been in your position before and am probably unable to imagine the extent of your sorrow. But, I can understand that you need help and your husband is a jerk for throwing you out into the cold like that. But stuff like this happens a lot to people around the world, and I am positive that you will get through it. Some things you can consider are going to your family for short term help. Move in with a friend until you can earn a good pay again. But again, my knowledge of your situation is scarce and I'm probably not helping much. I'd just like you to know that this is just a phase, this is rock bottom and you can't go lower, which means from here on in, you can only go up. Things WILL get better because they have to, that's how it always works. Just keep trying and never give up, because giving up is almost always not necessary. What do you get if you give up? There's a lot of happiness that is left to come, and you'd be missing out on it just because of a rough patch. That's what this is, it's just a rough patch, a road bump, nothing more. Do try to post here often debreb4, so we know that you're okay. Thanks.

Well it seems that you are so related to this material world. Pay more attention to spiritual activity and you will get more results in the material world. If you stuck in this material world than you will get lots of disappointing happenings, such as job loosing and similar. With some more spiritual you can easily pass these difficulties in your life.

Well, from everything that has happened to you that you have described, you have every right to be depressed. The trick here is hanging in there till things turn back the other way and you start getting your life back in order. Actually, not all of what has happened to you is bad. If your husband was a mean drunk and he is out of the picture, that is actually a good thing. It sounds to me like what would do you the most good would be to find a job. Get a reason to keep going, get up in the morning, and all that jazz. And some income from that job could help with your other problems, if you had money you could pay your rent, buy a car, etc. So my thoughts would be that the best thing you could do right now is try harder to find a job. Maybe you can't find a perfect job, but if you could take any job that would help get you out of the current rut you are in. Once you find a job and start to feel a little better, hunting another job will be easier. I do feel for you. I hope you get your life in order soon. Sometimes we all get into these prediciments that can really drag us down. Remember at least this, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger! I hope soon you will be able to look back at this period in your life and find the confidence that you will have earned by surviving it.