xisto Community
stevethedog

I Require Some New Headphones

I've just knackered my current Creative earphones which have the wee soft (silicone?) bit. They were very good but I like to try something different. These bad boys sent me back about ?25 so I wouldn't want to pay more than that.Been considering getting the full headphones like the olden days, are these better now? What's the pros for going bomfunk mc freestyler way?Any advice appreciated :)cheers,stevethedog

Headphones vs. little earphones is more of a personal preference now. It used to be that earphones would give very tinny sound and generally were pretty weak, but now, as long as you go for a good name, they're just as good as proper headphones (in sound quality). Personally I've always preferred proper headphones, and I always use them to listen to my MP3 player rather than the bundled earphones. If I'm out, I might use the earphones just because they take up less space and are a little less conspicuous than a decent set of headphones. Sennheiser are a very good name and as long as you shop around you should be able to get a good price. They've got a headphone selector to narrow down the range and find exactly what you're looking for. Currys/Comet/Dixons all sell Sennheiser stuff from around �10 upwards. Maplin also have a range of Sennheiser gear from the cheapest to the top-of-the-range stuff. Creative are also fairly good, and generally a bit cheaper than Sennheisers, but their build quality is not the best in the world. We've had a few pairs of their headphones break in various ways over the last few years.

i guess it all depends on what you are using it for. if it is for creative music editing or something that truly requires precise sounds quality, i would use the full bodied headphones. they typically have a larger MHz range so the hihgs and lows come in cleaner. if it is just for an ipod or something like personal enjoyment, the earbuds should do just fine. when you buy them look for the Mhz range and amps they each provide. the larger the range, the more sound the headphone will pick up. the amp rating gives a good idea of how loud they can preform until they get distorted. Creative are actually a very good company but it is true they have had their problems. i guess it just all comes to what the purpose is. good luck!

If you get earphones be sure to get some that are comfortable, regular headphones are usually comfortable. I really cant stand earphones.

Thanks for that guys. Some very sound knowledge going on in this forum! I've decided to plump with some Sennheiser HD202s. Hopefully they shall more than do the job for me with my Creative Zen Xtra and that I don't have too much issues regarding space and looking like a complete and utter tube!Thanks again.stevethdog

I can only tell you what I expect from headphones and so on. Firstly it depends what youw oudl like if you would prefer to listen you music from mp3 or mp4 or ipod or even your mobile phone then I would suggest that you should buy earphones and story ends hier. However if you will listen mostly on the computer then again you can still by earphones however big headphones will give you much more clearer soudn also you will benefit on the definition of the sound and loudness and they will effectivly make sound barrier between you and the people around you in case if you share your computer in the same room with someone else or anything similar to this situation. Also if you are about to talk over the internet then really consider buying larger headphones as they will only provide clear enough sound over skype or any VoIP and so on. Also it depends on your price because ear phones are much more cheap then the big headphones. And there are some more things to consider if you are ready to spend more then 25 euros and I would certainly cables which are so borind in Wi Fi age so I would suggest that if you r head phones will be more and mostly used next to your computer then go for wireless and eventually you will notice benefits of this choice and you will thank me because that would be money well invested.

If you do much traveling i would definately recommend getting some noise cancelling.

I just came back from thailand which was around a 12hour flight. The last thing i bought before getting on the plane was http://www.businessdirect.bt.com/?quicklinx=3T9L&validated=true
this was the best Ł30 spent during the whole two weeks. The technology really is incredible ok i wore them for 12hours without taking them off but getting more than 9hours sleep on an aeroplane was incredible - just had them in noise canceling mode with gentle music... perfect

So yes id say have alook online and if you do much traveling invest in the technology