xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
II x LIAM x II

Questions For Admin Or Tech Team Or Anyone Who Can Help A few questions?

Just a few questions guys.1. When/if i get my hosting, many sites dont last long. Can i trust this service 100%?2. I know it says no adds. Will it stay like this?3. Can i upgrade my account at any time?Please do not take these questions in offence it's just i want to be really carefull with freehosts. As some people ( freehosts) are only up for like 6 months then they go. And leave people without a site :) Also if i made this in the wrong section sorry, Just i thought general would be best for this kind of isse.

1. When/if i get my hosting, many sites dont last long. Can i trust this service 100%?
2. I know it says no adds. Will it stay like this?

3. Can i upgrade my account at any time?

1: Xisto is part of the Xisto corporation which has been around for a while now and owns many sites including this one and its sister sites qupis.com and Xisto - Web Hosting.com and of course Xisto.NET, now i cant say how long Xisto.com will be around but judging by its huge success and its relation to many other sites and Xisto i suspect it will be here for a very long time, many years to come yet i imagine. Im not sure how long T17 has been here but it could be since 1994, i could be wrong though, and im not sure how lng the hosting service has been available but ive been hosted for over a year now and i got here once T17 was fully established, not just a small company, it was already big.

2: The no ads forum, for members of course, will almost certainly stay the same, as for the hosting i suspect it will also remain ad free, the reason for the no-ads n forum or hosted website is because of the xisto connection, the sister site, Xisto - Web Hosting.com SELLS hosting and domain names, very cheaply but it still generates a lot of revenue and that is what "pays" for T17 and its hosted members to be ad free so as long as Xisto - Web Hosting keeps generate revenue, and im sure it will, then T17 will remain ad free, many members provide a link back to T17 out of thanks for the brilliant hosting but i dont think its mandatory but suggested!

3: Yes. As im sure youre aware after reading the help files, there are two FREE account types here at T17.COM one can be "bought" for Ten hosting credits, the other is for 3O hosting credits, if you dont know how this works read the readme file, a link to which can be found above the shoutbox. Now if you were to "buy" the 1O credit option and later decided you want the 3O credit account as you need more space etc.. then all you need to do is gain the 3O credits required and then go through the upgrade proccess, im not sure exactly how it works but i know it works as ive seen many members upgrade their accounts.

Now if you got free hosting but later decided you wanted paid hosting with Xisto - Web Hosting.com (aka CH.com) then of course you must buy the hosting from that website and then transfer everything from T17, this is very easy to do and im sure the admins will be very glad to help so if that was the case ask for assistance when the time comes. As i understand the free and paid domain names offered by T17 and CH.com are also transferable. Again you would need the admins assistance fr this little trick!

I hope that helps. Ive been here for over a year now and been hosted for nearly the same time and ive seen a lot of great additions, in the last year we have had the ads on the forums taken off, xisto has acquired qupis.com and ImageFilez and i think all hosted accounts have had their space and BW upgraded as well as server upgrades, and the only serious issues have been a hardware failure which resulted in a few hours of downtime for only a few sites and this was all rectified with no loss of data.

Just make sure you read the help files and enjoy the forums and hosting!

1. When/if i get my hosting, many sites dont last long. Can i trust this service 100%?

I've been hosted here at Xisto for around 2 years now. I know for a fact Xisto was around for quite a while before that. As far as I know, Xisto is quite a sucessful company, so Xisto should be around for many years to come. You have the security that Xisto is running paid services too. If they decide to disappear they are letting many paid customers down, rather than free hosts who let down anonymous web users.

2. I know it says no adds. Will it stay like this?

Your website will always be ad free.

3. Can i upgrade my account at any time?

You can upgrade from the first package to the second one whenever you like, providing you have 30 credits. You are also able to move over to paid hosting if you need more space or bandwidth. I believe you even get help transferring all your files and stuff across to your new account if you need it.

Please don't hesitate to ask any more questions, or PM me or any other staff member and we will all answer your questions. Welcome to Xisto and I hope you enjoy the community and the hosting :)

Also if i made this in the wrong section sorry, Just i thought general would be best for this kind of isse.

Thank you for all detailed answers, guys! :) Just a quick edit: Xisto.net is no longer in service. Instead we provide even better single line text ad by Qupis.

Also, please use Xisto - Web Hosting.com by its name. "ch dot com" is another website that is not related to Xisto family :D

II x LIAM x II, we look forward having you as a forum member and a hosting provider for your needs. :P