xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
YungOdo

Cant Boot In Safe Mode [resolved]

I have a Dell Optiplex GX150, im trying to boot in safe mode to change the display driver for my older monitor to work with the system im using..
When i turn the computer on it shows this at the top:

F2 = SetupF12 = Boot Menu

When i goto boot menu it shows this:

Boot Device Menu============
1. Normal
2. Diskette Drive
3. Hard Disk Drive C:
4. IDE CD-ROM Device

i've tried the F8 & Holding Shift Methods, i still cannot find the Safe Mode Option :)

Those options are to enter your BIOS setting and boot sequence mode.

F8 or Left Shift is to enter Windows in Safe Mode. I believe post Windows 98 you must use F8 from the very start. Dell should have an instruction on how to perform this. Basically, turn on your computer (not restart) and hold onto F8 until you see something like:

Safe ModeSafe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration

Start Normally

You might hear Keyboard Error beeps. Stay vigil and hold that F8 until you see the above menu. If you see Windows logo screen you must shut off the computer and start again. Here is another trick (it may damage your HDD): When you do see Windows logo screen, hold onto the power button so that your PC shuts off cold. Start your PC again without any depressed buttons and your system will automatically show the Safe Mode boot screen. This phenomenon is due to Windows failing to start properly the previous time. This method is at your own risk.

Topic is resolved.Please PM any moderator to continue this discussion. Until then, this topic is closed.