xisto Community
nelito0982

How Is Death Like? A personal experience

dieing... nobody knows because there is nobody to tell the tale. Some say death is peaceful but others say you can literally feel your organs failing one by one and slowly choke or die because of organ failiure. There are many theories like the one where you're in a dark place with a light, and you're supposed to run into the light contradicting what is said on family guy:"CHRIS! Run away from the light!"there are many different theories and nobody will know for sure since the moment you find out you're dead!

It is indeed difficult to talk about the subject as, like someone said earlier, no one is here to tell the tale.
However, it seems like the prospect of death is experienced differently by different individuals.
Some more hypotheses on the subject can be found here:
Death online
20 things you didn't know about death
And a more scientific one:
Stanford Encyclopaedia of Philosophy

Haha........I think this is the funniest question ever asked. It would be better if you refered your question to the dead (which wouldnt answer your question though) than to the living. Well, you'd have to die to really know how it feels. And if any of us in here is dead, he wouldnt be here with us so to say.

Exactly, odomike,but that does of course not stop us from speculating, or scientists to do research into the matter.After all, we are all fascinated by things we don't know.

A lot of people have had near-death experiences and they report seeing a bright light and then they wake up. It is impossible to tell however if this is an imagined or divine experience. It is unfortunate we will never know.

I have thought sometimes when and how I will die. Will I die in my sleep, will I be shot in a gang shooting, will I die from cancer. We will never know what it is like to die until it happens. Well that is my thought on it.

It's something like faint I think. The difference is you will never awake after faint.

Death means much more to who alive than who dying because of dread.

I admire who not afear death for his courage such as Forest Gump's mother, She let Forest know that death is not so bad thing and not to afear it.

I really affected when I hear Forest's mother say in peace:

don't you be afraid sweetheart. Death is just a part of life .Something we are all destined to do .I didn't know it ,but I was destined to be your momma .I did the best I could .

It depends how you die if you know how it feels or not. Doctors know what people go through by dieing of diseases. But dieing from age is different. No one knows, but I think it is peaceful and painless. I havent thought of what it would be like to die. Im not worried about it to be honest. It will happen to everyone eventually, so its best no to think so much about it.

:P

Have you ever thought how does it feel to die? each person must have its own experience, it is very starnge to think this.

:D Since i am a ghost ;I know it feels good if u ve done good things in ur life... :) rr u expecting philosophical answer?

It's not a stupid question at all, but an interesting one. We know (if we feel that facts have more power han religion, of course) that we can't feel anything after we die and that we don't experience anything. But this question is as old as the human being. Men have always been obsessed with death since prehistoric times. So for me it's more interesting the question of "why do we obsess with death although we know that nothing happens and why can't we just admit it?". :) This, perfectly well could turn into a philosophical topic, really.

This matter is very interesting but we shouldnt waste the time in life thinking of it, we should make the most and then see as the quote goes: shoot first and ask questions later end quote

This makes me not want to go to sleep...I agree with a few people who posted here before me, I think its most likely like fainting or blacking out. But as I've never been dead, or talked to anyone who has died, I really couldnt' tell you for sure