xisto Community
varalu

Ice (in Case Of Emergency)

I am sure that many people would have heard of ICE number in Mobile phones.

For those of you, who do not know abt this please spend some time in the next few paras.

We all carry our mobile phones with hundreds of names/ numbers stored in its memory but yet nobody, other than ourselves, know which of these numbers belong to whom?

In case we are involved in an accident or had a heart attack and the people attending us get hold of our mobile phone but don't know which number to call to inform our family members. Yes, there are many numbers stored but which one is the contact person in case of an emergency?

For this reason, we must have one or more telephone numbers stored under the name ICE (In case of Emergency) in our mobile phones.Recently, the concept of "ICE" is catching up quickly. It is simple, an important method of contact during emergency situations.

As cell phones are carried by majority of the population, just store the number of a contact person or person who should be contacted at during emergency as ICE" (meaning In Case of Emergency).

The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when they went to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with patients, but they didn't know which number to call. In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital staff would then be able to quickly contact your next of kin, by simply dialing the number stored as " ICE".

So...don't just stop here. Take your cell phones and do the necessary. This is a request people. Do let others know about this.

Interesting. It may be effective in a couple circumstances but I don't think it will do that much good. The reason this is being asked is because the paramedics want to know who to call. But, once the paramedics are at the seen, there is really nothing anyone else can do. They can take them to the hospital and look up their information to see who to call. It may help a couple people but I don't think it will save any lives.

Yea, i got an email like this a little bit ago. Great thing to do. I did it, and I think it's a great idea, I think everybody should do this, it could make contacting family so much faster.

Very good idea/concept indeed. It does come in handy because even after (in the example given above) the paramedics come take you, they still need to contact somebody to inform them of what has happened to you.

Wow, that really is a good idea. While it may not be of great benifit to the accident victum, it would be great for the loved ones at home wondering why they hadn't come home yet. And the rapid contacting of family members could help the victum in many cases so they could inform doctors of any medical conditions that person may have, like drug allergies etc.