xisto Community
galexcd

My Friend Ip Baned [resolved]

Ok this isn't the same as my previous problem where anybody who would make too many page requests got temporary ip banned, which was fixed when velma helped me move servers, BUT, recently my friend hasn't been able to connect to my website. I thought perhaps it was a bug or a temporary IP ban but it's lasted for about a week already. There are no ip's being banned in my cpanel. What's going on?

What is the IP in question? Send me a PM if you don't want to display it openly.Can they connect to the Xisto Forums?

He can connect to Xisto, It's just my site. His IP is *edited out*, we started having this problem after he was trying to connect multiple times to an ftp account I made for him but accidently deleted, and was banned after so many tries. Could it be a brute force protection? If so he wasn't trying to brute force, just to access the ftp account I made for him.

Edited by alex7h3pr0gr4m3r (see edit history)

Visit Xisto - Support.comand submit a ticket to Xisto - Web Hosting support. Give the IP address and request that the IP provided is unblocked from FTP or viewing your account (give your cpanel, URL, server name etc for cross reference purpose).Also request that this IP is removed from firewall ban list.

Topic is resolved.Please PM any moderator to continue this discussion. Until then, this topic is closed.