xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Google Celebrates 50th Aniversary Of Sputnik

Sputnik 1, launched on Oct.4, 1957, became the first artificial satellite to successfully orbit the Earth.

Image of Sputnik

Posted Image

According to NASA,

History changed on October 4, 1957, when the Soviet Union successfully launched Sputnik I. The world's first artificial satellite was about the size of a basketball, weighed only 183 pounds, and took about 98 minutes to orbit the Earth on its elliptical path. That launch ushered in new political, military, technological, and scientific developments. While the Sputnik launch was a single event, it marked the start of the space age and the U.S.-U.S.S.R space race.

Read more...

Google on marking the 50th aniversary of the launch of sputnik relaed a new logo, which is sported on its website.

Posted Image

Yes they remmbered of Sputnik it was start of the Russian domination in the space technology which continues to today. And will probasbly continue on in the future. I think that this was remarcable adn if you don't know Sputnik emitted signal in Russian which said to Americans when traslated into English "Find Me If You Can" so this was really kinda cool joke from Russians. :)