xisto Community
flash4satheesh

Desktop Resolution What desktop resolution are you using?

That is a good question..too bad you haven't started a poll, because it would be very interesting to find out the most used resolution. I use 1280?800, because I have a wide-screen laptop. I think that most people use 1024?768 and maybe there is an increasing number of those who use 1280?1024. I am actually very surprised, that you still use 800?600. Is the reason in your old monitor, which is not capable of higher resolutions or is that a matter of your preference, since everything appears larger @ 800?600???

Off topicYou can add a poll still, just make sure when you edit the topic you go to full edit and the apply the poll that way.On Topicmy laptop 1920x1200 resolutionDesktop 1440x900and yes they are both widescreen thus the funky looking resolutions.

I use my desktop at a resolution of 1024 X 768 and I love it.Use it for a while and the 800X600 seems too large. Use an even higher resolution and even the 1024X786 starts looking big. My monitor doesn't support anything more than 1024X768.

I use 1200x800 at the very minimum now.I think my laptop is being run with 1400x900 and my work computer is at 1280x1024. I just can't help but love how much "larger" and more refined it is...But of course, there's that extent where things are just too darn small.

Well I use 1024*768 and it looks quite good on my laptop I think that it cannot support more in fact I know that it cannot support more then this but still it is quite enough.And I join others we would need some poll in here because such topics like this are really good only with poll as there is no real discussion but you can see how it is dispersed among the Xisto members.And I would like to note that this is my 500 post on Xisto forums and I am so happy. I will keep visiting and helping people around and of course attacking spam.

ARGH WHAT THE HECK!? 800x600?!?!This proves your ignorance to computers.SM is the only one who matches my res of 1920x1200 on my desktop, 23" HD cinema display :)

I'm at 1024 x 768. I think it's enough for me for now, seeing as how I never feel the need for more space on the screen (except at certain times when using photoshop, which I don't do too often). I'm waiting till maybe next summer and then I'll buy a laptop and I plan to get one with a much larger screen and much higher resolution as well.

1024x768 is the resolution of choice for me; not too small and easy on the eyes. I usually go a little higher when I'm using Photoshop/Photopaint or some 3D rendering but for the everyday I use 1024x768.

I'm running 1440x900 32-bit. Since it's an LCD, then the refresh rate has no matter. I absolutely love my widescreen since greater width is a more natural view instead of being more vertical.

1280 x 800 widescreen with not a clue about the refresh rate or mhz thingies.

With the FF2 Web Developer's extension installed, there is a resize option and I often use the 1024 x 800 in order to 'layer' another application under the Browser window so switching between them is easier. Just structure the layers so a portion of the second application extends past the right-hand side. Also, i have moved the Taskbar to the right side and have it on auto-hide. When I mouse over the right side of the screen, it pops out and doesn't cover the Browser, either. I'll take a screenie and post it later...

*edit*

Here is what my basic Desktop looks like:

Posted Image

The desktop shown above is called Launchy and is available at the SourceForge site. A key sequence opens different applications, and another key sequence allows you to move between open applications. There is absolutely 'nothing' on the visible screen except the blank Desktop. everything gets hidden, but is easily accessed. Cool, eh?

And here is a partial picture with FF, an editor behind it, and the Taskbar on the right popped out.

Posted Image

I use 1400x900. I always liked larger resolutions, and I'd push my old CRT to it's limit at 1152x864 rather than fessing up to 1024x768. After using it for a while it just seemed so small...But at the same time with this fancy new LCD monitor I have I can't get a good refresh rate over 60 Mhz (to compare, my old monitor could go up to 85 Mhz at it highest resolution). When I play good games I end up getting that annoying blending effect that happens when the monitor can't keep up with the card and the sync rate the developers had placed on there went to heck. I hope I get a better monitor one of these days that goes up to the same resolution or more, but with the higher refresh rate I desire. By that time the processor probably couldn't fit my motherboard style again.

Edited by Tetraca (see edit history)

I use 1280x1024 on my LCD display, couse it's listed on the recommended resolutions on it's manual. On 1024x768 it flickers some way, I can't explain it :PThe refresh rate is 60Hz.