xisto Community
varalu

Iatrogenic Deaths Wonder what that term is all about?? -- Iatrogenic deaths are deaths c

Wonder what that term is all about??

To be right some people refer to it as Dr. Death.

Iatrogenic deaths are deaths caused by doctors, medicines, infections etc. during a treatment. This has become a very serious issue. Researchers also believe that Iatrogenesis is the leading cause of death in the world though we don have enough data to prove that because many people come to know of the symptoms late after the treatment.

But it has been proved that Iatrogenesis is the major killer in the US leaving heart diseases and Cancer behind. See link for real data and research. In many other countries though this may be the reason it is not recorded and goes out of notice due to various reasons...

Few reasons that causes these complications are...
1. Improper clinical procedures ....
2. Carelessness ... (there are cases...)
3. Infections....
4. Wrong medicines.... (See this link for dangerous and illegal drugs)
etc...

So...finally it comes to individuals discretion as to take care of their own. It is also important to take care of things after health complications and stop it at the earliest. I know that it is difficult...but atleast you know there are things like this after reading this and can be cautious.

For more details and links for additional information visit this post by me.

Man this is so aweful I haven't release dthat this is on such large scale. I am watcing sereies its called scrubs and they often make jokes on that how people that is doctors always have to lose sometimes that is they have to kill someone because wrong decisions and so on.SO I was aware that such things are happening but I have never released that this happes really on such a large scale and when you consider that american healthcaare is among the best in the world at least the paid one then this might have even larger consequences and larger impact on the other healthcare systems that don't have such financial power ijections and controls like the american one.And there is right thing said, if there were statistics about this problem then peolpe qwould release how large the problem is.

The problem with the health care system right now is that there are too many patients and not enough personnel.Not to mention the fact that nurses, doctors, and even administrators make mistakes too.The massive amount of paperwork can be a nightmare just for ONE patient. Throw that into the mix of hundreds to thousands of patient profiles that are kept on record and you can understand how things might be a little haywire when it comes to being accurate.Rest assured, however: nurses are trained to look after patients when they do their checkups. They have to monitor the machines that put out the vitals (blood pressure, pulse, respiration rate), check IV bags and IV sites for infiltration, infection, and/or other complications, and make sure that the patient is being cared for in the best way possible. It's horrible but the reality is that nurses are pushed too hard or become lackadaisical in the fact that they have to check each and every little detail of a patient to confirm that all is well.One of the best things to do is to perform a physical and vitals checkup to make sure that a patient is good to go and hasn't developed any problems since the last visit. Realistically-speaking, this doesn't happen because of time constraints and a lack of manpower, or even the seeming case that one doesn't need to be done. One good story that I've learned was that during our rotations in medic school, a medic was going through the motions of physical examination and upon examining the abdomen of a patient, found an abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA). (If you're not familiar with the term, an abdominal aortic aneurysm is a weak section of the inferior vena cava (where blood flows back to the heart to become reoxygenated) where blood starts to pool and swell that section of the vena cava. Over time, this swelled portion can burst and cause massive internal hemmoraghing, killing the patient via blood loss. There isn't anything that you can do once this happens, so to catch it at an early stage is critical. That medic saved that patient's life just by doing a simple physical examination. And I can almost guarantee that most nurses don't perform this examination on patients mostly because they are concious, would refuse, or the procedure just seems redundant.Aside from physical examination, the vitals are the most important, as they are the basis statistics to show a patient's condition.Keep in mind that this study for iatrogenic death is to bring awareness on the topic, not cast a dark shadow on the medical field. Our health care system is the best that it can be, but people tend to cling with the negative results and run with it.

Ya... i too agree that people do mistakes. But here we are speaking about life people.This industry is as such very critical....so the people involved should also be extra careful.