xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Woman Sues Apple Over Iphone Price Cut

All I have to say is good luck because that will be laughed right out the court, especially for the price she is asking which is $1 million dollars.

According to Li's lawsuit, filed on Sept. 24 in the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, the price reduction injured early purchasers like herself because they cannot resell the product for the same profit as those who bought the cell phone following the price cut.

DUH!!!! its called depreciation people regardless of the price cut, I know all car owners know about that, and it applies to all products including a bar a soap. Also if you were stupid enough to buy it on ebay then I believe price depreciation is even more, and Apple did fix the problem due to the backlash it got for this price cut. However, if this does go through $1 million dollars is to much or for those other thinkers to little since it would have to cover everyone who bought the lesser phone.

Now I know why I didn't bother buying this phone :).

SOURCE

Site

This case reminds me of another case in the USthis guy sued Mc Donalds and WON, because he went in and brought one BigMac burger everyday for 20years. the nsued on the grounds that they made him fat.I mean there have been some weird lawsuits out there, but the law can't cover every possibility.

this guy sued Mc Donalds and WON, because he went in and brought one BigMac burger everyday for 20years. the nsued on the grounds that they made him fat.

And what did he get as compensation, another 20years supply of BigMac burgers?????

But McDonalds doesn't claim their burgers doesn't make anyone fat. His lawyer must be a genius. 10year's supply to him too :)

Steve was generous enough to return 100$ to every customer. Thats like 20% of their profit!!!!! Ebay's gonna see a fall in sales after the incident!

Worst cases have happened. Like the case where a burglar broke into a house to steal stuff... and cut himself on the glass coming in. He sued the homeowner of the house... and won. :) I love how sue-happy America is. We just make ourselves look so much smarter every day. :P

Yeah man I totally agree with you this is just outrageous. What was she thinking.However when I lower my fillings I think that she has right and that she has quite good standings to win this suite however then would every other user sue Applea if she wins so court should agree for some small sum. And then again there were so many sues in computer industry that this is not anything new. So keep you finger up for Applea.

isnt it just business? people dont or cant sue when the housing market declines after a big purchase or loss due to sale. its supply and demand. she shouldn't get anything for sueing. i think she should have to pay more for making such a big deal. some stores like best buy has a rebate policy that if you find it cheaper in 30 days they will refund the difference and pay you extra. apple does have an image to uphold and they did a great job reimbursing many of the buyers the difference for the dramatic price cut but doesnt that say something about apple? why did the price drop so much? i know! becasue the company they use the manufacture the iphone screens only last for 1 year until they go dead? nice one apple! just like the 30gb ipod that malfunctioned almost on the dot 1 year after first use!

I'm actually doing a current even report on this. I think it's ridiculous, obviously it's not fun when you buy something and then a couple weeks later the price drops a significant amount; however, that's how business goes and you have to deal with it. It ludicrous that she is sueing apple because she couldn't wait for an Iphone, apple did nothing wrong in dropping the price.This is alot like the McDonalds case where a woman sued mcdonalds because she put coffee in her lap and spilled it and it burned her, she won, how ridiculous, anyways, i hope this woman loses, she has no right to that money.

That is soo ridiculuos, then everyone is going to buy a new product, wait a couple of months and sue the company for adjusting THEIR prices. In my opinion, its their prices, and they can do whatever they want to do with them. Now if people stop buying their products because they are too high, it would be their fault. Why not raise the prices and sue that lady because nobody is buying their products? It would be as silly as what that lady is looking for. She is probably just a lazy fat woman who wants easy money.ugh... this kind of sounded like a vent, but I am really tired of people sueing others for stupid reasons.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha HAhaahahahahahaNow if only she would have payed with american express we wouldn't be having this problem. Amex has this deal where if the product they buy goes down in price within 30 days of buying it, Amex will actually pay the customer the difference! one of my friends bought an iPhone at the more expencive price but bought it with Amex and now got $200 back!

This really does show how crazy America is about suing and lawsuits. I'm surprised Michael Moore hasn't made a film on it.The thing is, we seem to hear all the time about cases like these...

isnt it just business? people dont or cant sue when the housing market declines after a big purchase or loss due to sale. its supply and demand. she shouldn't get anything for sueing. i think she should have to pay more for making such a big deal. some stores like best buy has a rebate policy that if you find it cheaper in 30 days they will refund the difference and pay you extra. apple does have an image to uphold and they did a great job reimbursing many of the buyers the difference for the dramatic price cut but doesnt that say something about apple? why did the price drop so much? i know! becasue the company they use the manufacture the iphone screens only last for 1 year until they go dead? nice one apple! just like the 30gb ipod that malfunctioned almost on the dot 1 year after first use!

In the same respect, isn't it just business to sue someone for something you think is crazy but has a chance at winning. You laugh at all these people who sued for these crazy reason but you mention one thing in common. They won. It's business as usual in America and if it is the opposite of the saying "If it doesn't make dollars then it doesn't make sense". If it makes money it makes sense so they are getting rich off this and while you call them stupid I doubt that their bank account is agreeing with you.

It kind of reminds me of the South Park Episode in which everyone sues people and the school for sexual harassment (The Sexual Harassment Panda Episode). It's funny you should all watch it and see how Kyle's dad benefits too(The Lawyer).

lol 1mill ? that woman is outa her mind most probably.. :)btw.. i like the story where the robber cut his wrist~ i lol'd :D

The amount of people sueing each other in the united states is just ridiculous. People go and sue each other over the most stupid things and win!She should not win this. She took a gamble in buying this product and it did not pay off. It's her fault, not apple's.