xisto Community
delivi

Benefits Of Getting Indexed By Google

I've a blog titled "Microsoft Freak" at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I've done a pretty SEO work so that my Blog is indexed in Google and gets updated frequently.

The first benefit of getting indexed by Google is that I get a lot of traffic from Google as the searchers find it in their results.
I get the visitors that I target for.

The another great benefit is what I learned today is that, I can recover my blog from the Google Cache. This is what happened...

During my regular maintenance work, I was removing the databases in my hosting account that were of no use, I accidentally removed the database of my "Microsoft Freak" Blog and didn't notice that.

Later today when I tried to login to the admin panel of the blog, I got a error stating that there is no database, Only then I realized my mistake. I was shocked for a moment.

I even deleted my offline backup of the database before a few weeks.

I got an idea and went to Google and searched for my blog in Google cache, I luckily got all my blog pages cached in Google in about 100 pages.

I recovered all my posts back from the Google Cache and my newly recovered blog is up and active now. I think I've lost only 1 or 2 posts and I'm happy with this.

you can checkout the blog at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

So guys if you've a blog or a site please work on improving the site so that it gets indexed by the search engines and even help you recover your contents back if anything went wrong like in my case :)

Yeah, getting indexed by Google is a great thing for my forum. :D I closed down my other forums, and now its in every search engine, when I don't need it to be, lol. :P Google Bots are on my forum 24/7 now. Whenever someone makes a post or does a similar action, Google is there. And its not just one bot, its at least 2 at a time. The most I saw on at once was 8, along with 3 MSN Bots. Now, when I go to Google and search for my sites category, I appear as the first. Please Click here and here for proof. I thank Google for its sincerity and (I can't think of the word..) toward's my forum. :D I hope its like that for my Xisto (and any future) site(s) too. :)

So if you are indexed by Google, you can manage to retrieve copies of your database? I didnt know about the google cache. Did you have to contact google directly to get your posts back? I wonder if this works for forums also. I had lost a database from my forum and I had to start all over again. I lost all my active members and posts. I was also wondering, how do you get indexed? I always though it was the more links, or traffic going through your site, the better google picks it up. Is that right?

So if you are indexed by Google, you can manage to retrieve copies of your database? I didnt know about the google cache. Did you have to contact google directly to get your posts back?

I wonder if this works for forums also. I had lost a database from my forum and I had to start all over again. I lost all my active members and posts.

I was also wondering, how do you get indexed? I always though it was the more links, or traffic going through your site, the better google picks it up. Is that right?

I never knew about the Google Cache either.. :D About your forum -- Yeah, you should try it and see what happens. :P

There are many ways to get indexed by Google. One is to pay a company big bucks, which is not really a big one for most people. :) Another, is to be natually discovered. Gets links on other sites, so when they index that site, that 'natually' discover your site, and so on. You could also manually submit your site also, via THIS LINK; You could also buy a cheap software from your local store or over the internet. These are just a few of the ways to be added into Google search results. :D

Google Cache is a feature in Google Search. You can access the pages from your sites that are stored in Google's server. This may not contain your entire site, but I enables you to access the archived versions of your page, even if the current page dosent exist. Google caches the pages that are frequently updated.

definiting from Google,

Google takes a snapshot of each page examined as it crawls the web and caches these as a back-up in case the original page is unavailable. If you click on the "Cached" link, you will see the web page as it looked when we indexed it. The cached content is the content Google uses to judge whether this page is a relevant match for your query.

When the cached page is displayed, it will have a header at the top which serves as a reminder that this is not necessarily the most recent version of the page. Terms that match your query are highlighted on the cached version to make it easier for you to see why your page is relevant.

The "Cached" link will be missing for sites that have not been indexed, as well as for sites whose owners have requested we not cache their content.

You cannot entire site from Google's Cache, but you can view all the cached pages of a site using the prefix "cache:", for example to retive all the cacheed pages of http://delivi.com/, type cache:http://delivi.com/

You can find the cached version of your search results as show in the image below.

Posted Image

learn more about Google cache here

I would like to point out that it is good in fact it is always better to have things like blogs forums and other things as subdomains as they will get higher then if you have subfolder that is not good at all.So remember if you have your own site and then you have some forum and or blog always make subdomain for it instead to make subfolder if you are indexed you will get higher.