xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Iphone Update Disable Hacked Phones

After reading the article it is obvious what the update was for besides adding in new services and updates, however, it took all of what, two weeks to hack the IPhone? So I doubt it will that long to figure out what apple change to disable the hack phones. I found this particular quote amusing, "...company officials insisted they were "not proactively" trying to make hacked iPhones useless." Heck I would if I knew I would be losing millions of dollars a month on a phone that that was hacked and used by another phone provider, but like I said earlier it won't take long for people to update the unlocking programs to include this update.
SOURCE

Site

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

I heard about this. I like Apples first comment on the subject of hacked phones "a future update may make any hacked Iphones unusable". That made me laugh, I'm sure they're purposefully breaking the ones they can, but I don't know if they are going to try and prevent 100% of the hacks from working, just all the easy to disable hacks. I don't think it's worth hacking the Iphone right now anyways though since it seems that no other phone company would activate it anyways, but then again, i don't know how the unhacking works either and whatnot, oh well.

it won't take long for people to update the unlocking programs to include this update.

Lets hope not...

I used to think apple was a reasonable company in the electronics world, then the Ipod came out, massively overcharging anyone that bought it, but still i figured thats not so bad but then this.. Theyre getting near the MS level now, bad times.

They obviously dont care about their consumers because evidently they have signed huge contracts with the two network providers in the US and UK and all theyre interested in is the money, which sadly seems to run this world nowadays. Ridiculous. Hopefully hackers find a way around this, which im sure they will, and then with any luck they fire a couple shots at Apple themselves.

I also heard that innocent, unhacked phones are being affected with the update deleting contacts and images too, well done apple, you really thought that one out well huh?

As a side not the "I" naming convention has gone a little wild, its a god damned phone with a few extras, drop the "I" already! And another sidenote, does anyone actually own one of these phones? Realizing that on ebay they are going for around Ł3OO which means in shops they could be a lot more, its just an insane amount of money to pay for a phone, if youre that hell bent on playing music get an mp3 player, lets say Ł1OO and then a phone, lets says another Ł1OO, a lot cheaper and you know you arent going to be restrained by money oriented organisations! Damn tiredness makes me ranty :)

Well I am not really sure how come that Applea is losing money from th e hacked iPhones because they sell phone one way or the other so where are they losing money to. That is is Applea offering different services trough different mobile providers. As iPhone didn't yet come to Europe and we probably will not see all of the benefits of iPhone like the users in the United States you could write more for those of us techno geekz but cut from the brand new technologies.