xisto Community
street

Microsoft Search Engine Getting a huge upgrade to compete with google

Microsoft overtake Google in a search engine war? Possible.Unlikely.Market share:Microsoft: 0Google: 100Honestly, I don't know anyone who uses anything other than google. Microsoft Live Search is really really bad, I never find what I am looking for and it is just easier to pop over to google and search it.I also like the fact with google it does maths for you (2 + 4.4) etc. and you can use 'Define:cats' and you get definitions.Plus the fact there is Google Earth and Google Chrome- its a wonder that Google haven't overtaken Microsoft already!A200

It seems, and it really seems, that microsoft created a better search engine then google search engine, at least that is what i have seen.First of all, live.com microsoft search engine, is becoming more and more popular day-by-day, not because of the ads and publicity, no my Xisto collegues, it is because a a large number of features, design, structure and effectiveness of the new live.com search engine owned by microsoft, which is very fast, crawls much more then google search engine does, and it seems to be much more result related then google in many search keywords and search keyword phrases, according to my online experience and from what i read.I really hope that live.com continues growing like it has been growing, and i can and must tell you that live.com also have developed a lot in a very small amount of time, not very usual in search engines because it takes a lot of time to grow, it always takes a very long time to grow, to grow in a proper and correct way, live.com seems to have very good programmers, designers, and so on, their algorithms must be top of the line too.

Edited by freeflashclocks (see edit history)

Much like the Blue-ray/HD-DVD war, I think I will just sit back, grab the popcorn, wait and see.Never underestimate the greedy resourcefulness of Microsoft.. they smell profits and are armed for bear.

A search engine was only the bases of Google, t he reason it worked was because it was simple. You had a bar, you wrote what you wanted and clicked a button. You can’t get any simpler then that. Microsoft should aim for their own audience instead of trying to persuade people to change from Google to them. If I was Microsoft I’d aim for a more complex approach which has better results and better everything then Google, that way you’ll get serious computer people using them. Take a different approach instead of just mimicking an existing one. Be individual, Microsoft have the money to try something different.A word to Microsoft, stop trying to compete and just dominate. You created Google, no Microsoft, no Google. Remember that.

When Live.com was created at the time of the creation of this topic, it sucked badly. After 1 year of the creation of this topic, after some look improvements, it still sucks. Remember the time when vista came out? Well, if you searched for Bad Vista (FSF's campaing against Vista and it's DRM) on other searhes it returned the BadVista.org official website as the first result, but if you searched for the same result on MS's Live?

What do you guess?

BadVista wasn't even in the top 10 results, I can't remember how deep under it was.

That's all I have to say about MS's Live.com .

after microsoft have succeded in OS, then go to fight the Apple's ipod and so on, now it even want to defeat google, will it one day become an empire?google wins microsoft in several way, the first is simplicity. You see google search engine only has a google image right under it is search box, its simple yet powerful!While microsoft's always want to look better in interface, rendering and so on.in my summary, Google, linux, and other free license things wins the heart of real developer, while Microsoft lure ignorance users. But oneday this is going to spread to the world. ANd hopes that Google knows and uses some kind of strategy to win microsoft one. Google I put my faith on you, go for OS with end user.