xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

In General, What Do You Think Of Nintendo? The DS, N64, GameCube, etc.

"touching is good" what the frick?

The slogon "Touch Me" Is nintendo's attempt to break into the adult market. Over hear in ireland and england, Nintendo sponsor a lot of adult comedy programs for Channel Four, all with Excellent Original Comedy. Last night they sponsored Dylan Moran, and they sponsor a topical show each night called "FAQ U" which also kicks much *bottom*.

So, yeah, nintendo have sort of figured out that promotion outside of Nintendo Magaizine's is a good idea.. >_>

143350[/snapback]

Nintendo are trying to break into the adult market more i think also the way they have advertised has changed and where they advertise is changing as well for example they are advertising the DS in Stuff Magazine with these ads http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

also the new Zelda game looks far more grown up than Wind Waker which had very childish graphics. If Nintendo could get the Resident Evil games exclusively for the Gamecube or REvolution Nintendo would be looked at as far more adult

Nintendo definitely knows what's going on when it comes to games. Their games are more fun regardless of how cutesy they are or whatever than most playstation or xbox games. The only real thing they messed up was losing the 3rd party support they used to have with the SNES, and even their 2nd party game makers. RARE was a huge asset to them. Pretty much all my favorite games came from them. Nintendo's strong points have always been their own games and their close 2nd party games. I'm not a huge fan of video games in general anymore though, so I'm starting to lose touch with nintendo, sony and microsofts consoles.

The screens on the DS and the PSP are equally cool, in my opinion. The PSP is certainly going to have more wow power with its wide-screen gaming, but the DS is going to be capable of more in the long run. This is a good example of the difference between Nintendo and Sony?s approach to the market; Sony offers the current home console experience on the go, while Nintendo offers a different approach all together. PSP: The PSP has a 4.3-inch screen, which is gigantic in terms of handheld systems. The screen uses a letterbox resolution of 480 x 272, and has 24-bit color, meaning that it?s capable of displaying millions of colors with a quality that is unparalleled in terms of portable game units. DS: The DS has two separate screens that run simultaneously depending on the game you?re playing. While both screens are smaller than the PSP?s single display, they can be used in tandem to provide varying information, such as a map on one and your playable character on the other. Additionally, the bottom screen on the DS is touch-sensitive, so in addition to being a display device, it can be an interface. The included stylus pen allows for a great deal of variety in approach to game design and control.

Hm..I like nintendo in my childhood. Those were the days of gameboy :P I played this "console" 8 hours a day and had tons of games but i think it is also the reason for me to have glasses now :P because the light and contrast of gameboy was bad and my eyes hurt after playin it for some time...Anyway nintendo is a good company for children mostly I think...greetz

The Gamecube is a really great console, with the best yet to come in the form of Zelda: Twilight Princess. The N64 had some of the greatest games ever on it (Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, Goldeneye) and the DS is pioneering ahead with the philosophy, gameplay > graphics. The DS has been Nintendo's big turning point imo, I think they were started to kinda, get worse and all of a sudden they do somthing drastic and weird. And it payed off big time. If they had made another Gameboy would they bebeating the PSP in Japan, I doubt it.The Revolution is even more weird, drastic and brilliant. If it beats the PS3 and the 360 the feeling that I have of always sticking at Nintendo's side will be amazing. It will alos show that innovation = more sales. That's why there was a burst in the market when 3D gaming was introduced, it was a big Revolution. Now there's a boost in the handheld market in Japan because of the DS.Nintendo also make more money than Sony and Microsoft with games, so there's no chance they'll go bankrupt and give up. Nintendo are nowhere near dead, they are more alive than ever. :P

I personally do not like Nintendo one bit. They try to make money off of game systems that do not have better graphics or new games or anything. Take the Gameboy Advanced SP all it is is a different design but it is still the same video game system. I heard they are trying to sell it a third time. The Nintendo Revolution is not looking too hot either. They also are not really making that good of games. I used to love Nintendo but now they are the worst video game company in existence. They made good games and didn't try to resell old technology.

.......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... ..........

.......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... ..........

Nintendo was great in the days of SNES (best RPGs ever) and N64 (great use of the 3d engine, with Mario and Zelda).

The handheld systems are pretty good, except for the DS. I don't really see the point of getting one of those >_>

The GC is okay...SSBM helps it a lot, though. SSBR is probably the only reason I'll get a revolution, sadly

.......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... ..........

.......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... ..........

So yea, Nintendo is declining.

I agree with the point made a lot earlier about the fact that the games for the Nitendo console's rock it is just that all the hardware sucks. The Nitendo Gamecube has amazing games on it but isn't the best console. It has a great range of games from the 'Phantasy Star Online' (remakes of the dreamcast series) to Mario Kart (a very good fun game although not as good as the N64 version) However, you can not play DVD's on the gamecube and it is also an bad shape and size, doesn't fit on any selfs, and the only good thing you can do with the hardware is link it to the GBA (if you have one). Also you have to buy your own modem adapter which puts of online gaming.

I think nintendo is a pretty good. I mean, yes, some of the games are childish (Although they did put out Conker's Bad Fur Day for N64) but hey, they are fun to play. And they are pretty much putting the same games out over and overr again, and by this time I have about 5 different versions of Mario 64 and about 3 of Zelda OOT. Bt all the same, I like it. The games are time consuming, and fun. And the whole you-cant -play-dvds, I really dont care. The only DVD player I use in my house, is, well, the actual DVD player. I dont use the Xbox or PS2. So I dont see what the whole big deal about it is O_o. But thats just me. And I really think the game cube was the only console I could put on my shelf, because, its small. And I have a bunch of crap on my shelves, so I need all the room I can take. I dunno, all thats just me...

I dont know how people can sit there and maintain their theory nay belief that Nintendo is childish, they almost always have no proof to back this up. I am getting fed up with people saying "oh well they just made Finding Nemo, this must mean they're a childish company." Seriously, grow up! They have made many mature games Resident Evil for example. They dont make too many mature games as they want money, where does money from selling games come from gamers, what age group are the majority of the gamers in? They are children, thats why they make so many games that appeal to both children and adults alike. Thats Nintendo's idea to get adults and older people back into playing games, which is what they are doing with the Wii. People need to stop being such sony fanboys and enjoy other consoles. I am not a Nintendo fanboy, i enjoy playstation games aswell, but most games i play i get bored of straight away or after around 2 hours of gameplay.

well i wouldnt say that nintendo is childish. i have always been a fan of nintendo since they started making gaming consoles. i have collected every console that they have created. including game and watch. but one thing i hate about them is that theyre games that they crete always have a second catch. like for example in animal crossing city folk. they say that there is a secret room. but then some of the characters say stupid stuff which is not true . they should be straight foward weither or not if this is true or not!

I think that Nintendo does have a lot of good games, but they are more geared towards children overall. They kind of put into effect the generalization that mostly kids play games, which I think makes a very derogatory view come about game players.Granted, Sony and Microsoft don't really make childrens' games(obviously there are a few exceptions), so I can see where Nintendo is coming from. They pretty much have the childrens' market to themselves.Personally, I prefer the PS brand though. It has more games that I can't live without(GTA, Final Fantasy, etc.)

Although I think this topic is well covered, and it is partially just a matter of opinion, I would like to say that I love Nintendo. Yes, the other systems hae nice graphics, but what good are graphics if you don't like the game? I love Zelda, Mario, and Smash Bros, plus others. If I got an Xbox, There are maybe three games I would want for it, plus some that are also on Wii, plus one or two just to play online with friends (which wouldn't even matter if I knew more people who have a Wii). Nintendo makes better games, and all three will keep improving from one generation to the next, so I will stick with Nintendo.P.S. Banjo Kazooie should not have left Nintendo and third party game makers should put all features on all consoles' versions' of the same game