xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Plenoptic

United States Senator Sues God

well he's obviously doing it to prove a pointI also heard that he did it to show that it was so easy to sue anyone in the united states legal system. and it is. I remember some time ago that some lady sued mcdonalds because she spilled coffee on herself from there (and it was too hot.)

I hear these sorts of stories about the US legal system all the time. How many people have successfully sued god now? You would think they would do something about this. Make it a law that you cannot sue god or something. Is it true that you can make a living off running in front of cars and sueing the drivers in America? Now thats funny.

Huh, I guess no one heard the update on the case then. The legislator actually got a reply from "God":

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

According to the Clerk working there, "This one miraculously appeared on the counter. It just all of a sudden was here _ poof!"

According to the letter, the defendant is immune from certain earthly laws and the case lacks jurisdiction. And on the matter of problems in the world, the letter speaks of man's free will as a gift from God.

I think the letter is dead on. First of all, you can't sue God. How can the thing made attack its Creator? First of all, how are you going to punish God? He's bigger :) Secondly, why would God listen to you? He's perfect, you're not, no matter who you are. Thirdly, He knows everything, and you don't. Therefore anything you accuse Him of runs the risk of being spoken of in ignorance.

Edited by Joshua (see edit history)

Eh this is just stupid If I may say so and it is total waste of coourtroom time and when you consider that htis is united states sentaro then you see why some certain things are happening in the world :)And not to talk about their president :P

Well this I find quite interesting and dumb at the same time. Ernie Chambers, Senator of Nebraska, says he is suing God because he has caused many catastrophes like hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis, etc; that have caused many deaths and much damage in the world to innocent people.

If God lost this case, who exactly would pay the winner? Saying God is real, would he reach down from heaven with a pot of gold? Or would some form of the church have to pay for it?

I don't think it would ever reach court, basically because it is an absolutely ridiculous case, and like said before, just a publicity stunt.

He must be out of his mind, to sue good, like if HE was guilty of something, man is not Good you idiot!I am sure Good will not find you guilty of this act but in my opinion, HE should because no one is better then Good, specially a senator, specially a senator from the united states of america.

Well this I find quite interesting and dumb at the same time. Ernie Chambers, Senator of Nebraska, says he is suing God because he has caused many catastrophes like hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis, etc; that have caused many deaths and much damage in the world to innocent people. He is doing this because he is upset by all of the stupid cases he sees in the courtroom, like this lady suing because she wasn't allowed to say words like "rape" and "victim" in a trial which she said violates her freedom of speech. .....

1- This Senator wanted the fame by doing that. He may read about the case in Romanian who sued God [detail in par 7 down] or the comedian Australian film "The Man Who Sued God " in 2001[detail in para 8 down].

2- If he sued God and complained against him, then he recognize of God existence and that he is the creator.

3- Nobody sue the scientists for what they are doing with their creation or the architects in destroying their projects or the animal breeders to Slater their animal or the farmer to eat their corps or government in demolish an old stadium or building....

4- What the outcome of this proceedings except wasting time of the courts to gain some fame. Nobody can fine God or impose order on Him. Moreover who will represent Him and where to approve that the senator serve Him the summon.

5- What this related to women can't speak about the accuser as the rapist? I don't understand. All who is not happy with the judge restriction have to study the legal process. The defended ant is not guilty until the final decision. He is named "the defendant" or "the accuser". You can't named the accuser in killing case as "the killer"

6- Abusing of God's name and religion is a difficult and layered issue for the church and church-going people.

7- In Romania in July 2007. a court dismissed a case in which a man who is serving 20 years in prison for murder, brought charges against "the defendant God, who lives in the heavens and is represented in Romania by the Orthodox Church[ http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ]

The Romanian man accused God of "fraud, betrayal of trust, corruption and influence peddling." and declared: "At my christening, I made a deal with the defendant aimed at freeing me from evil. But the latter has not respected that agreement until now, although he received from me various assets and numerous prayers,"

The court in dismissing the case, ruled that "God is not subject to law and does not have an address."

8- In 2001, Australia produced a film named: "The_Man_Who _Sued _God : [ http://www.celluloiddreams.co.uk/themanwhosuedgod.html ]. They put God on trial for all the "acts of God" that God does for insurance companies. But in fact the movie was putting insurance companies on trial and showed how God can always be the excuses. The movie is about a man who is an ex-lawyer who living in Australia, having given up law out of frustration . Suddenly a lightening destroyed his boat and he is unable to collect insurance money from the insurance company because it's an ?act of God'. He finds this unacceptable, and re-registers himself as a lawyer to begin an extraordinary court case. Knowing that if he sued the insurance giant he will surely lose, he decides instead to sue the ?person? responsible for his boat?s loss: God. As God?s earthly representatives, Christian Church and Jewish synagogues. They are held to be the liable party, putting them in the difficult position of either having to pay out large sums of money(from others who have lost out in similar situations) or proving that God does not exist. . The church couldn't?t escape liability because they would have to deny the existence of god.

The above movie raises many philosophical issues, some of which include who should represent God in court, who pays up should God be convicted, and the status of the man eternal soul. The movie it supposed to be comedy but it was comedic as one would think, and deals with some very serious subjects, such as the ever-present threat of Australian bush fires, the church in contemporary society, and most notably; the role of large insurance companies and the way in which they can affect the people whose insurance claims are rejected, raising the very valid question, "Who actually decides if an event is an act of God or not, and who defines the nature of these acts? Churches or insurance companies?

But at the end nothing was been ruled except the philosophical issue.

9- So the case of this Sen tor will be like this Romanian case and this Australian films

This must be one of the most ridiculous cases that I have ever heard of in my lifetime. It amazes me to see the wild kinds of lawsuits that are brought up here in the United States.

That just goes to show you how stupid people are how freaking retarded how would you sue god send him a psupenia (spelling) to go to court what is he expecting to get out of this it is people like that that raise our taxes for stupid cases and tie up our judicial system he should loose his title for that it is just plain stupid. :rolleyes: