xisto Community
soleimanian

How To Change Default Windows

How to change default Windows or other Operating Systems

If you have installed two or more Windows on your system, during system boot, your computer displays all available Operating Systems. To change default Operating System do following:

In Microsoft Windows XP: Open Control Panel > click on System > and finally click on System Properties

In System Properties click on Advanced tab > click on Settings button in Startup and Recovery. In operating system Default you can select and set your default Operating System. In Time to display list you can change list timeout. Finally restart your computer.

Edited by soleimanian (see edit history)

Thanks for the explanation. I saw an article in a Pc Magazine on how to install multiple systems on my a computer, so I might use this tip if I decide to install Vista Home Premium next to the current OS that is on it, XP Media Center Edition 05. It would be a good way to use programs that aren't capable for one system, but are on another! :P

Thanks for the explanation. I saw an article in a Pc Magazine on how to install multiple systems on my a computer, so I might use this tip if I decide to install Vista Home Premium next to the current OS that is on it, XP Media Center Edition 05. It would be a good way to use programs that aren't capable for one system, but are on another! :P

Multiple Windows would be like having multiple Internet Explorers on your machine... technically possible... but why would you do it?
Like owning a Goat... Don't have enough problems yet?