xisto Community
benzkids

Wanting To Become A Moderator

wanting to become a moderator  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd just like to say, as the volunteer unofficial and completely unsanctioned moderator of this thread (with absolutely no moderator privileges) that I like Alex's response the best. One thing I've learned about becoming a Mod at Xisto is if you ask to be a Mod, you won't become a Mod. That's one of several requirements to becoming a Moderator (unless you're a personal friend of the owner, in which case you might become a Mod for a while, but once you've proven you really don't give a crap about the forum and you just wanted the power, you'll be demoted again). So for everyone who actually has dreams (nightmares?) of being a Mod and putting in hours a day to helping maintain this rather large forum site, follow Alex's example. You'll be a Mod in no time. :P

hey, its 50/50anyway, I kinda like being a mod since I have been one one this other wierd forum. But being a mod means you have alot of reasponsibility knocking on your door. So for me more of a 50/50 meaning that is I was offered the job to become a mod i'd take it but otherwise I wouldn't apply, even though somewhere deep inside me there is always that extremely low frequency signal telling to do something.

I would like to be a moderator, the only problem is that I dont have all the time a moderator would need in order to be a good moderator. I would rather help out the community in any other way I can.

Hey guys, don't keep on asking on becoming a MOD. If you want to become a Mod, just keep on working in the T17 forums and help the other Mods and Admins in maintaining the Forum, report on any spam or errors, help others, provide solutions to problems, share information and do whatever you want to do, when you become a MOD, if you report to the other mods, they'll immediately make the work done.If you perform well and have a good image in the forum then who knows you may be the next Mod in the forum. So just keep on working with zeal and surely you'll get noticed.You need to be Noticed by others, for your work and participation and not by self-proclamation. :Phope this will put an end to the mod discussion.

OHHHEMMMGEEEEEEE! I soooooo wanna be a mod, pretty, pretty puh-leeeeeze! :)

Actually, I just want the ban stick so I can spank the spammers with it - especially the Trapper who claims to be Pure Evil! But to be honest, positions of power must be earned and not given away lightly. If you hope to become a moderator, (and I honestly have no idea why you would desire such a thing, but to each his own...) it would be best to participate actively as a good member of the community and abide by the rules and regulations.

I like SM's suggestion to change this into a thread about what qualities a good moderator exhibits.

I've moderated a few gaming forums and administrated a few of my own, and even within such a small frame, it's not a very easy job. Something this large in scale would be time consuming to say the least. Added to this is the fact that it's a professional forum offering a service to customers. From that aspect, you then become a representative of the company, whether you are being paid for your time or not. What you say and do reflects back on Xisto. So the qualities that a good moderator should exibit are compounded with the qualities of a good employee. Efficiency and effectiveness, courtesy and compassion, perseverance and patience, the list goes on and on.

If becoming a moderator is your goal, than prove your worth through your actions rather than words. Help a member out whether or not there's a mod or admin watching. Contribute quality topics and responses by putting some thought and effort into what you're writing. Use correct grammar. Read the ToS and familiarize yourself with all the aspects of the Readme. Welcome new members in the introduction forum and be sure to point out the most pertinent parts of the Readme as most members simply begin spamming away before understanding the rules of Trap.

Of course, I would rather see you do this for yourself as a member committed to improving the quality of this forum community rather than as a stepping stone to modhood, but it's a start.