xisto Community
vmobile

Creating A Company Intranet How to create a company intranet.

To Whom It May Concern:

I am currently the IT manager for a Verizon Wireless Authorized Retailer, and we are in the stages of using "HiperGate" es/index.html I would like to know if this software will properly install on the Xisto server. We will be using this software to combine all of our paper records to a universal online protal that can be accessed remotley since we have multiple stores. I have gone over the features and it is going to work wonders for our company, and any small business for that matter. I also would like to know if there is anyone who feels qualified to install it on our site. If there is anyone who has used this or is an expiernced programmer, please give me some tips.

Also if there is anyone who has any suggestions on different software applications that can be obtained free of charge with the following features please let me know also:

Customer Manager

Sales Manager

E-Maill Access

Fax On Demand

Company Directory

Payroll Center

Accounting Suite

Employee Portal

Customer Service Portal

Human Resoruces Portal

Thank you for your help.

Ideally you should ask Opaque who is the admin around here as he manages the T17 servers i think. Just give him a PM with a link to this topic or ask him via PM.

In the meantime ive taken a quick look very quick in fact, and it mentions Java, Tomcat and MYSQL being needed. As far as i know these are available with Xisto, good times!

I would suggest taking a look at Xisto - Web Hosting.com as they offer paid hosting with many features and guarantees for a very low price, i think around $3-$4 a month so if youre in the uk its around Ł2 a month!

As i said though its best to PM Opaque as he manages the servers and so knows a lot more than most about the services offered and he might even be able to install features specifically for you if thats needed. Here is the link to his profile where you can find the PM button: http://forums.xisto.com/user/1-opaque/

Another mod or admin might also be able to help so sit tight!

The specs say you need Tomcat and Postgre Database services. I think we have those, but, to determine their availability, I would submit a request to support@xisto.com, Attn:Opaque

I think you will need several softwares rather than one. But it's really hard to get all the feature's you need with free open source software.

Customer Relations Management (CRM)

SugarCRM provides a full-featured application that includes marketing, sales, support, collaboration and reporting. The free open source product runs on Linux, Windows, BSD, Mac OS X and most Unix-like operating systems.

SplendidCRM is another choice. It's only for windows.

e-mail and groupware - Something Like Microsoft Excange

Zimbra Collaboration Suite is a full-featured messaging system with support for e-mail, contacts, calendars, and it integrates with a variety of third-party clients. Besides Zimbra’s own Web-based, Ajax-powered messaging client, Zimbra can interoperate with Microsoft Outlook, Apple iCal and even mobile clients such as Blackberry. But the free open source edition not provide access to Outlook or iCal client. If you are not suppose to use Outlook or iCal as client, there isn't any problem to take it's free open source edition.

Scalix,OpenGroupware are the other choice like Zimbra.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Please use bbcodes properly.

Please consider using Xisto - Web Hosting.com hosting plans. With free web hosting by Xisto, although impressive, I am concerned that your business should be hosted with 24/7 tech support line and even higher reliability rate than Xisto.Any business that depends on almost near zero down time should consider a paid hosting.Hipergate looks impressive. However it requires JSP and Tomcat must be enabled by Xisto - Web Hosting per client basis. Java on the client side can be updated though Java.com. Xisto - Web Hosting offers MySQL 4.1.22 on theta server where as Xisto gamma is 5.0.27, as of this post. Hipergate requires 5.x version. Please inquire with Xisto - Web Hosting on which server offers 5.x version.You can open a support ticket by writing to support{at}Xisto - Web Hosting{dot}com