xisto Community
bishoujo

Stabilization Of Eyesight?

If one has myopia, is there such a thing called stabilization, where upon reaching a certain age and degree, your eyesight stops worsening?Usually, my eyesight increases yearly each time I go for my eye checkup, by about 50 - 100 degrees. Some years ago, my eyesight was stagnant eventhough it had been a year since I went for eye checkup, and I wasn't even taking particular care of my eyes. This remained for about 3 years. Last year, when I went for my annual eye checkup, it was diagnosed that my eyesight increased by 100, much to my dismay. Then late last year to now, my eyesight didn't change again, and in fact reduced by a few degrees. Even my optician was baffled. What's going on? My friend thinks that up to a certain age, your eyesight will stop getting worst. Which doesn't exactly make sense since I'm only 21, and my eyesight is 300+ in the weaker eye.I had cornea infection about 5 years ago. There was a scar but it gradually went away. I wonder if that could have affected by eyesight in anyway.

My eyesight affected by how I use eyes obviously. When I got some work to do with computer for long times, my eyesight get worse badly. After few days relax, not reading books or stare at the sreeen for long times, exactly not use eyes in wrong way, my eyesight will turn good soon.So I think it's important to use eyes in right way, without staring something too close, without staring something too long, you will keep the eyesight increase.But who can leave computer now a day?

But who can leave computer now a day?

lol precisely! I use the computer everyday, for no less than 8 hours.

The strange thing is, I didn't purposely cut down my time staring at the computer screen, but my eyesight still remained stagnant. I'm not complaining though.
What I did do is decrease the light contrast on the screen.

Does the computer affect your eyesight? Since I started a forum, I've spent a lot more time on the computer, too much time actually. I've notice that my eyesight has started to deteriorate over the past couple of years, could it be the computer? I dont get my eyes checked at all, so i dont know how my eyesight is being affected. I didnt actually think anything like the computer affected your eyesight, and the only that did affect it was time and age. I would spend a lot less time on my computer if my eyesight would get better.

Does the computer affect your eyesight? Since I started a forum, I've spent a lot more time on the computer, too much time actually. I've notice that my eyesight has started to deteriorate over the past couple of years, could it be the computer?
I dont get my eyes checked at all, so i dont know how my eyesight is being affected. I didnt actually think anything like the computer affected your eyesight, and the only that did affect it was time and age. I would spend a lot less time on my computer if my eyesight would get better.

Yes it sure does, just like watching tv. It is often advised that after looking at the computer for 45 minutes, you should rest your eyes, look at some greenery and then go back to your computer again. But I always forget and can't be bothered. Once you're on your computer, it's hard to get distracted.

Is your eyesight bad enough for your to have to wear glasses? You should get your eyes checked at least once a year to monitor them.

It is often advised that after looking at the computer for 45 minutes, you should rest your eyes, look at some greenery and then go back to your computer again. But I always forget and can't be bothered. Once you're on your computer, it's hard to get distracted.

I am looking for some software that can let computer give out some prompt every certain time, 45 min or some other time you can set. When the time comes, the software turn the screen black or play a sound. You could take a break.

Is there something like this?

Windows Task manager includes a Task Scheduler under Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools, but it only allows 'daily' events. Perhaps you can schedule multiple events per day on a regular (ie: hourly) schedule. I am not sure what it is capable of doing, I have never used it.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/shipsclock/

I am not so happy that, It doesn't work for me, when I start the clock, nothing happens. You may tryout this one, as the brief says

Ships Clock will ring a bell on every half-hour in the style of the standard ship's clock used for centuries on sailing ships around the world and still used in the world's navies today.

Edited by faund (see edit history)

How to prevent myopiaStabilization Of Eyesight?I have a really bad habit of looking at things up really close. I started wearing glasses at 16 as I was unable to see what the teacher was writing on the board from afar. My eyesight has gradually worsened and 3 years later I have -2.25 so I have trouble holding and reading a book even at a normal arms length distance. I strongly believe that this is due to my tendency to look at everything up close, ie, peering right up at something. I've had this habit as a little kid and it's hard to break but I will constantly remind myself when I can so please look after your eyes and maintain sufficient space/distance between your eyes and whatever it is you are reading/looking at.-reply by Resident of Western Australia, DOWN UNDER