xisto Community
anish2000

How To Setup Nintendo Wifi? how do u setup nintendo wifi for nintendo ds?

Nintendo's wireless connection will only support WEP security. So before connecting it wirelessly, check your wireless router/wireless access point and make sure that IF it has a wireless security configured on it, it's on WEP. So the wireless security should either be Disabled or at WEP. You can check these options on the router's Web UI. If you have a Linksys router, I could help you with it.

Now connecting your Nintendo DS:

Just check it out here.

Or follow these steps:

1. Setup Screen > tap "Nintendo Wi-Fi Settings".
2. Select a "Connection slot".
3. Tap "Search for an Access Point. (This will open a list of wireless networks detected.)
4. Select your network (or any network you want to connect to) and connect to it. It will ask your for the network key or WEP key if you have it setup on the router.

I also have a problem with my wifi router.My wifi router work only if i close my pc or my laptop that connected to the internet while i using my ds internet browser.I can't use both equipment at the same time.My wifi router is linksys WRT54G version.My broadband modem is netcomn nb 1300 plus.I need to argue with my sister and bro to turn their laptop off,so i can play my ds online.I need help that would fix the sharing internet problem so i can play my ds online while my bro and sister can use the internet.I need help step by step, many thanks

I also have a problem with my wifi router.My wifi router work only if i close my pc or my laptop that connected to the internet while i using my ds internet browser.I can't use both equipment at the same time.My wifi router is linksys WRT54G version.My broadband modem is netcomn nb 1300 plus.I need to argue with my sister and bro to turn their laptop off,so i can play my ds online.I need help that would fix the sharing internet problem so i can play my ds online while my bro and sister can use the internet.I need help step by step, many thanks

Well, it's actually an interesting little trick. I had a similar problem, and it's caused by your netcom giving out only ONE IP address for your entire home network. What you need to do is get into the WRT54G and set it up as your DHCP server. Since I'm not in front of mine I can't give you the exact instructions. But...

Start by plugging your computer directly into your modem and turn it on. Once you have it up and running, click Start, then Run, and type CMD and hit enter.

Once a command window is open, type ipconfig and hit enter.
You'll get a bunch of stuff. There is one thing to write down.
1) IP Address. This is the IP address given to your computer by your modem.
Since you're done with that, type EXIT

Now, shut down the computer, disconnect the modem, and plug the computer into one of the four LAN ports on the back of your WRT54G. DO NOT PLUG IT INTO THE WAN PORT, which is the one on the far left if you're looking at the back of the Linksys. Plug in the Linksys, then start up the computer. Once it is started up, go to your web browser. In the address bar type http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and it will bring up a small window asking for a user name and password. Forget the user name, since it is blank by default. Go to the password and type in the SUPER-SECRET default password for Linksys routers... admin

That should get you into the menu.

The page that comes up should have a few text boxes and radio buttons on it. I'd change one or two of them. Rename the router to something meaningful for YOU.

But the most important thing you can do is change the Loca IP address. It says 192.168.1.1 in the boxes. Now, take a look at the ip address you wrote down from when you had the computer connected directly to the modem. Type THAT ip address into those boxes, with one small change.

The next to the last number. Make it ONE HIGHER than the next to the last number in the IP address you wrote down. For example, if you wrote down 192.168.1.10, the IP address you should put in the boxes is 192.168.2.10

On the next line, make sure the subnet mask is set to 255.255.255.0

Underneath that, on the DHCP Server line, click the radio button next to Enable.

Underneath that, you get to tell your WRT54G how to number your new home network. It has only one little text box. I'd enter 100 in it.

Last setting to change for you: Maximum number of DHCP users: Keep the number fairly low. This controls how many different computers, game consoles, etc can be connected to your network at one time. I have 15 at home because I have a couple computers, a couple laptops, a couple ipods, and a couple game consoles. I wanted to leave a couple extra just in case a friend or two come over with their own wireless devices and wanted to connect at the same time I am.

You can hit the save button at this point. The router will go through a long reset process. At that point you SHOULD be able to turn everything off and plug your modem into the WAN port. Powering everything back up should have you in business.

But I'd set up some network security... and I'll leave that for someone else to talk about.

Oh... DEFINITELY go through the settings on the Linksys and change the default username and password.

I hope this makes sense, and I hope this helps.

How to check if you haave WEP security for modem???How To Setup Nintendo Wifi?

I need to ask you a question which would really be usefull which is:

I need to find out if my modem (2Wire 2701HG) has WEP security or not, ive been looking everywhere but not getting a precise answer. I was hoping that you would help me.. I need the WEP security in order for me to connect my NDS Lite to my modem (it only allows WEP security or disable all security, which I'm not too sure about) So hopefully you can help me and reply as soon as possible, so I can connect to Wifi. Thanx.

-reply by Julian

Using a router for Nintendo WiFiHow To Setup Nintendo Wifi?

I'm in Iraq and the internet here is a subscription-based wireless network.  My Nintendo DSlite is unable to connect directly to the internet providing network, but I want to be able to use netplay to play with friends and family at home.  I would simply buy a Nintendo WiFi dongle, but my laptop is running Vista Ultimate 64-bit and so there are no compatible drivers.  I have a Belkin Wireless G Router model: F5D7230-4 (which is both b and g, despite the misleading name) which I am trying to use to allow the DS to access the internet.  I have been able to connect the DS to the router without trouble, it's getting the router to connect to the internet through my computer that has been the problem.  My hope is that I can connect to the wireless ISP on my laptop and use my router to rebroadcast the internet so that my DS can connect (doing basically what the Nintendo dongle is supposed to do).

Any suggestions or insight you could offer would be great, I've reached the limit of my knowlege on the subject and don't know how to set up the router correctly.  Thank you!

-reply by James Lehnerd

connect ds lite to wifi?How To Setup Nintendo Wifi?

I have a ds lite and wireless router which works fine with laptop.However,when I try to connect ds to router and enter WEP key it doesnt recognize the key.Any ideas Please email or leave message.Thanks 

-reply by dave:

Hey I have a problem too, Im using a location free modem (it has WEP) and my ds lite connects to it just fine. But when Im in something like a pokemon wifi battle orvoice chat, it cuts off at the 2nd pokemon entrance (5 minutes into voice chat). Can anyone help me?

I also have a problem. I get to the search for an access point part but it says that the security settings are not supported. But i dont have any security setting set up. What am I supposed to do?

What if I don't have a WEP key but WPA key? Can it still work?

WPA does NOT work that is what I have and i'm unable to connect I need help!