xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DeM0nFiRe

Same Problem With Hosting Credits But now Iv documented it.

Yesterday I had positive credits, I'm not sure the exact number but it doesn't matter. If you take a look at the screny below, in less than 24 hours I lost at least 4 credits. If yo check, I'm sure you'll find none of my posts were put into spam or deleted.

Posted Image

Ya, I know for sure yesterday i had 1 credit, and today i get on and notice -4. However, it seems the negative credits go up like 4x faster then normal credits so idk if thats part of it or not.

I was in for a shock 2 days ago when i found my hosting credits drop to -6 in just 2 short days and thus I started to ask around for a possible reason. One of the forum members told me that I put code without using the code tags properly and so was penalised for that. I really hope that the admin can document this matter of hosting credits properly in a guide for all hosted members to refer to as to how credits are earned and penalisations for what actions done so that we will not be bothered with rectifying this recurring problem and would rather focus on contributing to the forum and our own sites.

I didn't say you get penalized, I mentioned that a mod put the bbocde around the code that your provided, thus reducing hte credits your earn from that post. However, since it was a Xisto - Web Hosting forum you didn't get any credits to begin with.

From you post I take it you didn't read the Xisto Read Me because just a few lines down the topics for posting and credits are listed.

Credits and Posting

Again though it would be helpful for the admin to see some pictures of this happening, like buffalohelp mention document (screen print) this happening, the best way to do this is get a small amount of credits and then let run through and see what happens.

Hi,I am asking OpaQue to look into this matter. He will reply to this topic in some time. Thank you for being so patient.I am so sorry that you are facing these problems.

Thanks for your help. I can be patient, I hope my userbase can be too XD

Notice from jlhaslip:
Merged Posting starts here
Ok, so I submitted a ticket to support, and eventually told that they would get bakc to me because they needed to talk to OpaQue. So I waited and two days later the ticket closed due to inactivity. I talked to BuffaloHelp, and he suggested that I re-submit the ticket, which I did. This time I got no response at all before the ticket closed. Can anyone tell me what I should do about my credit problem now?

When you get to 0 on your hosting credits, It thought that is when they will go automatically to -4.00. Because it says to restore your hosting account, you need to have 4 credits to Un-suspend your account, and a user is un-suspended when they have more than three hosting credits(Look at DeM0nFiRe's picture in the first post). So isnt that why they go to negative four? Anyway, I always found I get in the positives with one post after this happens(Which was only a couple of times :) )

Perhaps the hosting credit system does go from 0 to -4 to suspend an account. That would explain why OpaQue set the hosting credit so that when you are in the negatives even a short post earns huge hosting credits...But since OpaQue is close guarding the source of the script, I wouldn't have a clue--just my speculations and its functions.

Well isn't there anyone who could check out in the codes about this problem?Because there are many users who seems to have it. I on the other hand always try to have more credits ready in case I am not able to be online or for whatever reason. So I suggest to everyone else who use hosting accounts on Xisto have at least 30 credits in stash because you then have one month time in case something happens, at least. Of course you post more you get more credits. So go and post.

I have a question about this myself. Yesterday I had 2 credits, and today im down to -16. Now, yesterday I made some large topics and got 10 credits for them. One was in the tutorials section, so it was set to invisible automatically, and needed to be approved. If my topic was deleted, do I lose the credits I earned from it? Now i need to get 19 credits to un-suspend my account... people rely on my website. I'm losing members here.

You will be penalized heavily if your post is deleted. This announcement was made aware time and time again in the Alerts and Notices section. Furthermore, if you reply to a spam topic and that topic is deleted, you will also be penalized as well. And thus, we have the REPORT feature. Again, made aware in Alerts and Notices section. But this should be the basic understanding of hosting credits.This reply and the previous post are going off from this main topic. Any member would like to discuss moderated posts, please PM a moderator.

Ok, but that still doesn't help me. I was told that none of my posts got moved to spam or deleted (since then I've had a couple, though) I'm kinda wondering what keeps happening to my credits.

From a test, yes it does seem to go to 0 then to -4 in just a day. I think its because you need to get 4 credits like stated before. However, I tested it for another day, and it does go down normal from that. I guess that is probably the way it works. As I think about it more now, if you think, when your first joined you have 0 credits right? Once you get hosting you start out with 0 credits right? If you start hosting and have 0 credits, it would count as already suspended. Maybe that is why OpaQue set it to go down to -4 credits after 0, just so you have to get to 0 credits again, for the thing to get un-suspended. I guess that kinda makes sense in my head.