xisto Community
shadowx

What Do You Think Of My Userbars?

Hey!

Todays been a boring day so I decided to search for some GIMP tutorial and found this one: Making a userbar with the GIMP so I followed it but changed the colours etc and got these three userbars:

Posted Image

Matrix Image Link

Posted Image

PHP Image Link

Posted Image

T17 Image Link

My least favourite is the PHP one as i dont like the colours or the left hand text but i couldnt find a nice php logo image to use. My favourite.. im not sure, i like the colours of both the other two, not s sure about the neo render in the matrix one though.. maybe needs to be tinted a little green and the T17 one i made the text myself and as a first attempt at a userbar i think they all came out rather well.

Let me know what you think!

EDIT: Added direct links, images working fine :P

Edited by shadowx (see edit history)

Thanks! For my first few userbars i think theyre pretty good too! And i learned how to make scan lines in the GIMP, the link is in the Tutorial i linked.

Check the link in my first post and follow the tutorial there, you can change the gradient colours and the image you use to anything you want. And for the diagonal lines check the link on that page.

They look great,what is GIMP exactly kinda program?

it is an alternative graphic design program when you dont have adobe photoshop. It does not have that much filters as adobe but you can make userbars and some really good sigs with it.

I like your user bars really simple. Another thing you should add is the fading animation to them.

Another thing you should add is the fading animation to them.

I could do, i might do that if i make some more userbars, that way i can add a new dimension each time and get better and better, i didnt think of that at the time.

Have you used some sort of template

Nope, just followed the tutorial i said about, changing the colours and the image to use to make my own graphic with their instructions :P