xisto Community
DeM0nFiRe

What Exactly Is The Rate At Which You Lose Hosting Credits? I thought it was 1/day but...

This past friday I set myself up to have around 3 hosting credits because I was going to be gone for 2 days. When I come back I have nearly 5 credits negative, I'd like to know how this happens. I thought the credits were supposed to deplete at 1 credit per day, but apparantly that's not the case. Can anyone help me out here?

Sorry but i can not help you, but do not make a big deal our of this, a moderator or admin will explain it to you.Relax, take it easy!

Oh, I'm not freaking out or anything, it's just that I was under the impression that 1 credit equals one day. This same thing happened before, only I set myself up for 6 days of inactivity, I was inactive for 7 days but I had lost a total of about 15 credits. Is there some spike in credit loss if you go negative or something?

I do not know that, sorry, and it is good that you are not freaking out like i was when something like this happened to me, and i am sorry to say so, but loosing control can happen to anyone.Wait a while, they will explain it to you soon, they must be busy now i supose.

Document your regression by capturing your screen.In the mean time, GMT -5 5PM your current credit = 5.Checking back tomorrow unless you post.August 30 (your last login) you would have lost 4 credits including today since you were gone for 4 days. That's Sept. 3 minus Aug 30.I'll check your hosting credit number (pending that you do not make additional posts to earn :P) tomorrow around this time.

I too have sort of felt that either the posts count much less than they used to or the credits dont last as long as they used too. I am now having to log in and post every day to keep up, not that I am complaining or anything, I love Xisto. Though sometimes I just dont know what to post.

You know, I have wondered about this as well. I have noticed what seems to have been a loss of more than the days I haven't posted. So starting tonight, I am going to screen shot my credits as I leave and check back, without posting, over the next few days and see how things are subtracting. Edited by Mich (see edit history)

I think I got the timing down pretty well its .01 credits every 15 minutes or .04 credits per hours, which is roughly .96 credits per day, So in reality your not losing a full credit per day it just feels like it. These calculations are based on what I have observed on my credits during the day.

Let me start my findings with a correction to my last post. When I looked at your hosting credits, DeM0nFiRe, I used different script to measure your hosting credits. Well, this script rounded off your credits and shows as 5. It was actually 4.88.

5 pm 2 days ago ~ 5
6 am today = 3.34

difference = 1.66

hours difference = 24+13 = 37 hours

1 hour = 0.041667

7:10 am today = 3.29

8:05 am today = 3.25

2:00 pm today = 3.01

2:43 pm today = 2.98

2:56 pm today = 2.97

5:04 pm today = 2.88

This post is 2 days from my last reply and it shows that only 2 credits (2 days worth of hosting) was taken away from the time I checked your credits (4.88 to be accurate). With 124 posts (unchanged from my observation in 2 days) your hosting credits diminished as it should be.

Continue to monitor your regression and let me know if you see a discrepancy. This goes to all those who are monitoring his/her hosting credits.

Thank you.