xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mabhishekjhawar

Forget Iphone , Gphone Is Here .

if the mobile industry is "quiet" about the existence of the gphone pending the actual official release by google themselves of this "gphone", it is because the people in the know (who really can tell if this gphone exists yet or not) are bound by the terms of confidentiality which they have most definitely signed before they ever get hold of information or even a glimpse of the a prototype of the thing. :D and when i say the "mobile industry", i mean people and companies who may have been contracted by google already to realize this gphone for future release. :)

of course there will always be speculations on its existence, but it heightens the anticipation, don't you think? just like with apple, who had their hardcore fans as a ready market for their iphone, so will it be for google who will have their fair share of the mobile market once this gphone comes around. :D and don't discount nokia as of yet -- there is also a nokia iphone-killer in the works.

as long as they have great features i can use, works without much hassle, extendable (with 3rd-party applications), and does not tie me up to one network ("open-line" as we usually call it, which can utilize a SIM from ALL networks) -- then it's good for me. :P i've still to see an iphone in the market for us in my country, but nokia usually uses the philippines to test-market their newer brands of cellphones (so they say, since we get ahold of the NEWEST nokia models even before the U.S. market even uses them B)). hopefully google will not ignore our part of the world also, otherwise i'll be having a nokia "iphone" more sooner than i can have the apple or google brand. :P but yes, i'll prefer the gphone (and yes, i'm a hardcore google fan). heheheü

Unless you hear the word from them directly, don't expect it. They have so many things going for them that it is just impossible for them to complete everything. The project will be announced, or will be go to the trash like most others. This phone however intrigues me. It seems very cool, futuristic yet, it stays in the realm of a regular phone. This phone looks like its inspired from the Samsung u740

Posted Image

Take a look, very similar indeed. Using a dual hinge. Its basically a combination of the u740, and an Iphone. Hopefully, they will improve on the u740's small keys and cramped area.

This is cool I just read by one member that it is almost one year out and it is very interesting I was not aware of that thing. And it looks good though there are some similar devices on the market currently and if it is already a year since tehy firstly declared that they will produce google phone then it is even longer in production and it looks really cool. I will probably buy it. The biggest problem they might have is competition which is quite strong at this time in that market. However if they would be able to prpoduce it and sell it lower that is in the lower price range then tehy might gain many new customers.I'd like to point out that it would be cool if they would show out also some of advanced options it would have. Because if you know google they always have several aces in sleve to show out which might push it onwards, eventhough I am not clear what actually google is doing about this because if they are designing software or making just desin for the phone. As I am ceartain that they will not produce it and the guy who started this topic or discussion did show that some other companies are interested in producing it. Current information are pretty scarce and might need some mroe time before we all know whther it is worth it or not. I'd like topoint out that this is really new market for google and they might even fail however till today most of therir programs and softwares and almost everything they did was cool and though over move and not jsut shooting in darkness. So I cannot wait to see final result.

I think they have a great shot at competing with Apple on this. People like apple, but for the people who don't(me) they will go with the Gphone. For one they will do it in spite of Apple, and two because it does look like a great product.

I'm gonna wait for the Gphone before I buy an iPhone. I think it willl be a much better phone considering it's google. The iPhone is great and all, but it could use a lot of improvements. Hopefully the gphone will bring those improvements soon.