xisto Community
Dooga

Could Someone Help Me Choose A Phone? Between a Nokia 6275i and Moto Razr V3C

Could Someone Help Me Choose A Phone?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello everyone,

I'm stuck between two last choices for a phone, and that would be the Nokia 6275i and the Motorola Razr V3C.

Here are the pictures for each of the phones:

Nokia: Posted Image

Motorola: Posted Image

First I would like to emphasize that this is the Razr V3C that I'm talking about here.

And another note: The Nokia screen is actually LARGER than the Razr screen.

Now I'm not considering price right now (Nokia is actually more expensive than the Razr), but I'm more concerned about which is better. At the beginning I leaned towards the Razr V3C because it looks obviously more stylish and attractive than the candybar phone which looks cheap and crappy. However, I've read some really really negative reviews about the RAZR V3c cellphone, and it really changed my mind. But I'm currently stuck between these two choices, and the candybar design is really really pissing me off.

Here are some features of the Nokia:

* BluetoothŽ

* 2.0 megapixel digital camera

* MP3 player

* microSD memory slot

* Video capture & playback

* Video messaging

* Phonebook: 500 entries

* Vibrate alert

* Colour screen: 240 x 320 pixels

* Colour screen: 262K colours, TFT

* Easy text entry

* Calculator

* Alarm clock

* Calendar

* Personal organizer

* Digital voice recorder

* Voice activated dialing

* Photo/image call display

* Picture messaging

* Infrared

Here are some features of the Razr:

* BluetoothŽ

* 1.3 megapixel digital camera

* Video capture & playback

* Video messaging

* Speakerphone

* Phonebook: 1000 entries

* Vibrate alert

* Colour screen: 176 x 220 pixels

* Colour screen: 65K colours, TFT

* Outer screen: 96 x 80 pixel, 65K colour

* Easy text entry

* Calculator

* Alarm clock

* Calendar

* Personal organizer

* Digital voice recorder

* Voice activated dialing

* Photo/image call display

* Picture messaging

What's really different about the Nokia is that it has an MP3 player and a better camera, and the Razr has no mp3 player. But come to think of it I don't really need an mp3 player on the phone, nor do I really care about the camera's quality. The Nokia has a better colorscreen. Actually the Nokia has much better features and specifications than the Moto Razr. But the big big annoyance is that it is an ugly cheap looking candybar which I absolutely hate. If the Nokia was a flip-phone then it would be a no-discussion obvious choice. But because the Razr is much more stylish I'm making second considerations. Yet what frustrates me is that the Razr V3c has so many poor reviews that makes it really hard to want. Apparently it has lots of dropped calls, and the volume button is easy to hit. (are the buttons lockable?) And IS IT more stylish? Some people say that the candybar looks much better, because it's actually just 2 mm thicker than the razr, and it has a larger screen. But I'm stuck between design and reviews. I honestly think that the Razr V3c's features are enough for me... or are they? Should I choose between an ugly bar with many features and extremely good reviews, or a pretty and "popular" cellphone that has really bad reviews and average features?

Is the bar ugly?

Come to think of it, is the Razr really that great, or is it just "as old as the internez" (after all it's an old design popular in 2006)

Is the razr getting bad ratings and reviews because it's based with Verizon? Is the Nokia 6275i getting good reviews only because few people use them in the US, and only Canadians reviewed it?

Or do you have your own opinion? I need some help with this choice... but remember I think that candy bars aren't very attractive. But features and good reviews?

A couple of my friends have Razrs, and virtually the only good point they can make is that everyone likes the look of one. There are lots of little problems with them and generally (in my experience, and from my friends) they don't function that well. Also, being more desirable, they get stolen quite a lot (at least here in the UK) compared to virtually any other phone.

I don't think the Nokia looks too cheap, and it will probably work better than the Razr. It comes down to which is more important to you - the looks, or the functionality. Personally, I'd go with the 6275i, even if you are slightly concerned about the looks. Like everything, the Razr will soon become dated as everyone will have one, and then you'll be regretting the choice.

I'd say go with the Nokia, mainly 'cause i'm against folding phones. :XD: They're annoying to have up against you, and impossible to hold with your shoulder when you need to. Plus, they all seem easy to break. The Nokia one may be more expensive than the Razr, but i'd prefer comfort and "toughness" over the others. The "candy bar" look does not look bad to me, but i don't care about looks when choosing a product, i choose something that'll last me long and that doesn't bother me.FYI, i use Verizon and so far i have not had a problem with their service.

i would say you should go with the nokia just because the Razr is known for having trouble. It is really flimsy and easily breaks. I have had numerous friends with that phone and they hate it. Also, the battery life is not very good on it. I do not know anything about the nokia but from what i know about the Razr, that would be my choice

Although I would go either way I have to beg to differ on the battery life for the Rzer is pretty long, when I don't use it the battery last about 3 days :XD:. Of course he Rzer's are expensive if you don't get some sort of deal with them.

well i'm a motorola fan since my first model so if you want my opinion, go get the motorola. and to think it's a flip-phone! i love flip phones. if you're in a country where most of the people have nokia handsets, you'd wish you want something other than that.just choose what you think which features you would need (aside from basic phone functionality of course... that's a given) and which phone gives most features. i personally just want a fm radio built in, and no camera. with regards to style, i like how nokia does their styling, but looks doesn't really mean much to me when it comes to those stuff. as long as i could send messages, make and receive calls, i'm fine.

Well most people here use flip phones, and I've seen at least 4 people with Razrs. Only one of my friends is using the Nokia, and it's unique to Canada since it's not released to the people in the US.By the way thanks for the comments people are making! I still would like more comments though.

I have a SLZR and a RAZOR and the only problem I see with non-flip phones is you randomly call people, I called 911 once when it was in my pocket...The nokia looks like cheap plastic but the razor I have with me right now it actually more heavy duty and lighter.My pick is the Razor...

Nokia brings quality, and I had some bad experiences with Motorola. And like mentioned by rvalkass, most people would go for the Motorolo because of the looks and the foldness of it. In Belgium those are the ones that are most often stolen (foldables and slide-ups). Of course it also depends why you need it for work, spare time or both. Motorola would only be good for your spare time.I would pick nokia

I have a Nokia. They are good quality phones, but so are Motorola's. I'd say go with the Nokia. Overall I think the Nokia's features are better, and it doesn't look that ugly to be honest.

In the end it's up to you, but my vote is for the Nokia :XD:

You should probably go to your local wireless store and play with real, working models of each phone. That is by far one of the best ways to pik a phone.I'd go for the Razr, for good looks, and for the size of the phone while open. It's long and wide, which is better for larger-handed like me. Also keep in mind that each carrier has their own firmware for the phone, so you will notice differences between AT&T and T-Mobile Razrs, even if they have the same Motorola model number.

Hey there ,

this is a very tough choice as u have two complety differerent options., not for the phone but the type of phone,. had it been two Bar phone or Two Flip phones the Choice whould hae been easier .

My personal choice is go for , Nokia.

The Motorola is less config than nokia., for instance the camera and the screen resolution is not too good. If ur choice is a Bar phone then go for Nokia,.

If motorola , then try some other model like the Motorazr2.

Here are the specifications,

General features

Announced in 2007 May

EVDO CDMA

CPU: ARM11 250 MHz

Doublesided screen with the resolution of 240x320 pixels, shows up to 262000 colours. External screen has the diagonal of 2", and internal ? 2.2"

Battery type Li-ion 960 mAh

Battery life:

talk mode - up to 8 hours

standby mode up to 280 hours

player mode - up to 12.5 hours

Weight: 117

Dimensions: 103 x 53 x 11.9 mm

Colours: black

Memory

Call log of last 20 calls of all types with time and duration specified

Expansion connector for microSD (TransFlash) up to 2 GB

Call management, ringing tones

Vibracall

Polyphony

MP3 as a call melody

Speakerphone

SMS

Predictive text input

MMS, SMS, E-mail (POP3/IMAP/SMTP)

Multimedia

Musical player

Audio formats: RA v10, AMR NB, XMF, AMR WB, AAC, WMA v9, v10, v11, AAC+ Enhanced, AAC+, MP3

Games (Football and Sudoku)

Java

Camera

Integrated 2 MP camera with 8x digital zoom

Photos with the resolution of Large (2MP), Medium (1.3 MP), Small (480x640)

Video recorded with the resolution of 176x144 pixels

Flash

Connectivity

microUSB

Bluetooth v. 2.0 with EDR

Organizer and extras

CrystalTalk

Opera 8.5

Dictaphone

Organizer

To-do list

Notes

Calculator

File manager

Download manager

World time

Alarm clock

MOTOSYNC (Exchange ActiveSync - allows distant synchronization of organizer entries, phonebook entries, and a mail program

Posted Image :XD: :)

Well one of the reasons I don't like Razrs are because there are like 5 different kinds of it, and half the cellphone population have it. It certainly does have the "ooh ahh" aspect to like the 10% of the population who doesn't know what it is. But then again there is the "omg ew" kind of feeling for the Nokia for those who don't have a good image about bar phones or don't know the features... I mean Bar phones are seemingly the "old" type of phones.

I personally think that cell phones should stay cell phones and not play as a part of today's fashion.Then again, I could say the same thing about cars, and about computer cases, and et cetera.When it comes to cell phones, the most important thing that you can focus on is functionality. I would rather have a cell phone that works and makes me happy to be able to talk to my friends and family instead of a piece of crap that looks pretty and would make a nice paperweight.Take into consideration again that half the damn world has a stinkin' Razr. It's like the whole iPod deal... if you want to be noticed, go different.But if looks are a must, do the Razr. But don't regret the fact that you may not be able to make some of your calls... which personally is a major pet peeve to me [when things don't work the way they're supposed to].You're going to have the darn thing in your pocket most of the time anyway (unless you snag a holster too). Does it really matter to you how YOU look with a Razr to your ear as you talk on the cell phone, as most people will shun you anyway for talking ON a cell phone? (People-watching is fun, but I'd rather watch people play games than watch someone talk on a cell phone. And we all know fun that is.)