xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
l33t

Brainteaser :flaw In The Story! Any Solutions?

Hero Dog

Can anyone tell me what is the error in the following story?

"Near Grandpa's farm the railroad tracks made a hairpin turn between two stony cliffs. From his fields, Grandpa could see the tracks. If rocks fell upon them , Grandpa climbed the the hill and warned the engineer by waving a red flag.

One day Grandpa saw rocks falling on the tracks. He started for the hill as a train approached, but tripped and knocked himself unconscious. That's when his dog proved his mettle.

The dog raced to the house. He quickly pulled down Grandpa's long red underwear from the clothesline, raced to the hill, and there ran back and forth, trailing the red underwear like a warning flag.

The engineer saw the red signal and stopped the train, saving hundreds of passengers from death or injury.

The dog was later given a medal due to his act which saved lives of hundreds of passengers."

So whats the flaw in the above story? :D

nope.. Not the correct answer. The answer is very very simple.. Even 3 words are enough. Come on .. Think Hard!

hmmm i have no clue where the flaw is in that story...someone please post the answer as i have been trying to figure out the answer for a while now lol and how could the answer possibly be shortened to 3 words? if you know the answer then PM me and tell me if you dont wanna post it here ;)

i dont knoe this is very confusing, im goign to act like an idoit if i say it but here goes, yes this is problay wrong. but is it that the dog has no sight, blind. and it heard the train.

Hero Dog

Can anyone tell me what is the error in the following story?

"Near Grandpa's farm the railroad tracks made a hairpin turn between two stony cliffs. From his fields, Grandpa could see the tracks. If rocks fell upon them , Grandpa climbed the the hill and warned the engineer by waving a red flag.

One day Grandpa saw rocks falling on the tracks. He started for the hill as a train approached, but tripped and knocked himself unconscious. That's when his dog proved his mettle.

The dog raced to the house. He quickly pulled down Grandpa's long red underwear from the clothesline, raced to the hill, and there ran back and forth, trailing the red underwear like a warning flag.

The engineer saw the red signal and stopped the train, saving hundreds of passengers from death or injury.

The dog was later given a medal due to his act which saved lives of hundreds of passengers."

So whats the flaw in the above story? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The dog wouldn't know what underwear to grab because he's colored blind. Is this the right answer? ;)

Okay, my questions is, how is trailing red trousers behind you courageous? (Definition of Mettle)Secondly, is it even possible the dog was trying to deliver the pajamas to the old man to save him from hypothermia?Thirdly, why didn't the dog just grab the red flag out of Grandpa's hands?Lastly, why was an old man running after a train, and why was there no lookout?

Ooh, ooh, I know, I know!!!

If rocks fell upon them , Grandpa climbed the the hill and warned the engineer by waving a red flag.

The space should be before Grandpa and not after the word "them" right? :)

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a flaw no one else has noticed, and maybe I'll look it over more thoroughly later, I just thought it would be funny to be lazy and pick on the story's grammar. :D

Dogs are color blind. That was the right answer.

175658[/snapback]

Ah, alright :) I was genuinely wondering since the actual answer wasn't affirmed anywhere so I thought I might need to do some pondering to figure it out since apparently only one person had gotten it right. I then chose to take the easy way out and pick on the story's grammar :D

What if the dog had seen what colour the flag that the old man had been taking up to the hill and recognised the colour. After seeing the flag so many times, surely he should know what colour he needed.