xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
technobot

Our Daily Bread Is No Longer Daily Bread. Read And Eat Well nutrition pertaining to bread

Hi hi all. I learnt this a long time ago. Are daily bread is a ancient saying as bread has been a mainstay food for a very long time. Now the problem with this is that a daily bread as a meal is no linger are daily bread in that aspect. For a long time now they been selling sliced white bread which is unfortunately now made from junk flower and grain stuff they used to throw out. The result is a bread that has calories but does not have a lot of nutrition. Now I stopped eating junk bread about three years ago and started eating hole grains, 12 grains and 7 grain breads. I am also eating more flax, oatmeal breads and ancient grains. The end result is that by eating this bread I am actually getting a meal and a lot more nutrition and not filler. I find that if I eat healthy bread I feel good and feel energetic as apposed to the junk breads I used to eat. Another aspect of this is I used to have a big gut but after changing to healthy bread my big gut disappeared.

Thats good to hear. My girlfriend eats alot of white bread and bagels and I'm helping her cut down. But I never thought to switch to whole grains ect. Ill mention it to her and see what she thinks bout it.

Hello,This is a good topic for awareness of today's bread. I normally prefer brown bread to its white counterpart :XD: I used to eat white bread but it caused me a bit of an acidity problem so I stopped it and started brown bread againBesides white bread IS less healthy and nutritious then its brown counterpart. I too believe that the whole grain bread makes you feel energetic. I usually include this in my diet :)

What about white bread that has been infused with my vitamins and minerals like certain breads that are at the supermarket? Personally I do not like whole grain breads, because they're not as soft and the texture is not quite as easy going down, although I suppose it all taste the same when you put a lot of butter on it (or peanut butter.)