xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
technobot

Weight Loss Through Food Portion Sizes And Nutritional Choices

WEIGHT LOSS : Weight Loss Through Food Portion Sizes And Nutritional Choices

This is not so much a diet as in reducing food below normal limits.

Fist off I am on a medication that is known as a weight gainer. For a long time I hovered anywhere from 230 lb to 250 lb.

A long time ago I took a cooking course that was also a nutrition course and we had long class pertaining to portion sizes and how the amount of food we eat has increased since the 50's. Some eateries actually give you up to 4 portion sizes in one meal. So this diet is based on say having a steak the size of your palm as apposed to the size of your plate. Now another problem with this diet is a lot of the stuff we eat is junk food in that it has a lot of calories but very little good stuff. A few years ago I stopped eating that crap white bread I used to eat and replaced it with real hole grain and other grain bread not that cheap brown bread. 12 grain, 7 grain, flax etc. The results of this where almost immediate and I found my stomach shrank a bit and was less puffy. Flat breads and pita bread are also know to be healthy as yeast is not a good thing. Also I have been eating a lot of oatmeal which has a bit of fiber which also help.

So over the last three or four years I have been on this diet (for Weight Loss) and when from 250 lbs at my max down to about 202 lbs right now and I am looking rather well and feeling much healthier and energetic by eating what I need and not what I want. The only down side is that this diet can take a long time for Weight Loss but like they say loosing weight fast through starving causes the body to put it back on quickly.

On a side note do not use a microwave unless you have to. This has nothing to do with radiation but the way it cooked from the inside out at high temperature kills a lot of proteins and stuff that is good for you.

This seems like a good time to pose a question, im trying to loose weight because i need too! But whats better, eating "normal" food, eg pasta's, steak and other food that isnt like junk food but isnt salad either, and eating less of it, or eating larger amounts of healthy food?the problem is i eat a lot, which is one of the reasons i am how i am now, but i find that salads and other cold meals dont really fill me up, and id rather be full of good food than half empty with normal food, because if im hungry i will eat something and usually that will be something thats easy like sweets or crisps or cake which isnt good.So whats better? eating lots of healthy food or less "normal" food?

This seems like a good time to pose a question, im trying to loose weight because i need too! But whats better, eating "normal" food, eg pasta's, steak and other food that isnt like junk food but isnt salad either, and eating less of it, or eating larger amounts of healthy food?
the problem is i eat a lot, which is one of the reasons i am how i am now, but i find that salads and other cold meals dont really fill me up, and id rather be full of good food than half empty with normal food, because if im hungry i will eat something and usually that will be something thats easy like sweets or crisps or cake which isnt good.

So whats better? eating lots of healthy food or less "normal" food?

Hi though salad is good for you it is lacking in the fuel for the body category. Large amount of pasta's can cause you to gain weight. Also just about all the good in a pasta dish is the sauce. The problem here is that some foods are like watered down fuel that does not power the body well. Some salads are ok like chicken salad. On a good not vegetable dishes are pretty good in that you can eat huge amounts without gaining weight.

Now the thing about the good grain breads is that you are actually getting a meal and not filler.

In that case ill focus myself on veggies and hope that i can eat decent amounts and loose weight, of course i go to the gym too so hopefully this will work!

the problem is i eat a lot,

With the portion size diet your stomach will eventually shrink a lot over time that may help with feeling hungry and eating a lot.
This takes time though but a lot less time than loosing the weight.