xisto Community
SamiFX

Broadband Internet Connection how to configure it on ubuntu?

hello all, please I want to know how to configure a braodband internet connection that requiers a username and password (WAN) in Linux ubuntu.. I've installed this system but I didn't know how to configure this connection :XD:

How are you connecting to the Internet: via a router or a modem directly attached to the PC? Also, is it a wireless connection or a wired connection? The methods vary depending on how you want to connect. However, the general advice would be to enter System -> Administration -> Networking. Look for the connection you want to use and click Properties. You should then be able to fill out the required information.

If you have access to the Internet on another PC, you could try having a look at the Ubuntu documentation.

It's a Huawei xDSL modem attached to the PC using Ethernet connection, wired connection... anyway the link of Ubuntu documentation that you provided me seems that will help me, I'm sure..so thank you very much

hello all, please I want to know how to configure a braodband internet connection that requiers a username and password (WAN) in Linux ubuntu.. I've installed this system but I didn't know how to configure this connection :)

I have same problem with Redhat Enterprise linux AS 4. if any one know than reply.Thanks