xisto Community
Will.Allison

We Are Monkeys Live with it.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

A very interesting video that I believe is very true. It talks about how screwed up we are and that it is our fault that we are screwed up. I agree with almost all of it.

The one thing I find most interesting is that we are "cursed" with conscienceness. It does give us all the problems we have but it also makes our lives much more interesting. Instead of just doing what is essential for our survival like everything else, we look for meaning in our lives. This is like trying to find a needle in 8 billion tons of hay-stacks. We will never know the purpose of us. But yet, we still ask questions. We try to come up with answers to these questions, but have no way to prove our theories. But, this is the beauty of our consciences: we ask these questions because they are interesting. It is a sick thing to be able to think of unanswerable questions. But, without being able to think of these questions, we would become just like every other organism (at least on this planet). Just doing the essential things to survive without any meaning but to live. But why do we live? What is the purpose? It's a never ending cycle.

What do you guys think?
Edited by Will.Allison (see edit history)

There are also some questions that either meant to be not answered, such as "meaning of life", or those that are just intruding on a particular living's life. While it is interesting to know the problem and curiousity may get to a person on how to find the answer, but in some cases, it's better to let life run its course.

That is one interesting and funny movie, i watched it twice... It is true that many humans forget we are still only a bunch of apes. An evolved bunch, but still only a bunch of apes. Evolution hasn't given us only good things, but also some dark parts. While we are intelligent enough to go into space and send probes to distant planets, we aren't smart enough to not use nuclear power as a weapon, we aren't smart enough to stop using fossil fuels while our planet is still habitable.
Our conscienceness, the only thing that truly separates us from the rest of the animal kingdom is also our weakness. Because conscienceness has given birth to our dark side - to hatred. The evolved monkey doesn't (rarely) care(s) about the welfare of it's fellow evolved monkey, what is really important for the evolved monkey is the green stuff that makes its world go round, money.
As a evolved monkey we have an open door to unraveling the mysteries of the universe, but first we must fight the demons from within us, we demons that conscienceness has waken up!

But we must remember what John Stuart Mill (an evolved monkey) once said: "It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied. And if the fool, or the pig, are of a different opinion, it is because they only know their own side of the question. The other party to the comparison knows both sides."

And by the way... here is another interesting (although not as funny as the first one): http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
A very interesting video that I believe is very true. It talks about how screwed up we are and that it is our fault that we are screwed up. I agree with almost all of it.

The one thing I find most interesting is that we are "cursed" with conscienceness. It does give us all the problems we have but it also makes our lives much more interesting. Instead of just doing what is essential for our survival like everything else, we look for meaning in our lives. This is like trying to find a needle in 8 billion tons of hay-stacks. We will never know the purpose of us. But yet, we still ask questions. We try to come up with answers to these questions, but have no way to prove our theories. But, this is the beauty of our consciences: we ask these questions because they are interesting. It is a sick thing to be able to think of unanswerable questions. But, without being able to think of these questions, we would become just like every other organism (at least on this planet). Just doing the essential things to survive without any meaning but to live. But why do we live? What is the purpose? It's a never ending cycle.

What do you guys think?

I think about this sometimes , And after I wonder why I'm here , I'm left feeling a bit empty and feeling without meaning. I think that people in massive company's are trying to find some kind fulfillment in wealth , so they can live their life with those kind of goals. Depending on the kind of person you are , your goals in life will differ.

Well i see the human race as a serious problem for its surroundings.Due to our curiosity and our selfishness we deall great damage to nature.Also our agressiveness towards others.Give a human a finger and he will take your hand.

We are not monkeys. Monkey is a whole different species than we are.I think what you are meaning to say is, "We have the same common ancestor"Once down the line, we were the same. Millions of years ago, there was a species, and one of them had a mutation which was for the better, and so that mutated being mated many times and spread it's genesAnd there we areAnd monkeys also are like that tooSurvival of the fittest, I know there is a word for it I learned in bio but I totally forgot XD

We are not monkeys and we do not have the same ancestor. You want proof. Adam is proof.Adam is the first human, and he is ancestor of all people. Of course I didn't see Adam, but all four holly books say Adam is created from earth by the only God.

i'm more inclined to believe all living things are ALIENS. :D

Of course I didn't see Adam, but all four holly books say Adam is created from earth by the only God.

All four "holly" books? Don't you mean just Genesis? (and it's "holy" books. Books aren't made of holly.)

Or, do you possibly mean the four Gospels, which is a misconception. They mainly talk about Jesus, not Adam. (Considering that our bible study teacher tells us that Jesus is the "second Adam", what's the difference?)

Or, do you possible mean the three (not four) books of the Abrahamic religions? That would be the Bible, the Torah, and the Qu'ran.

EDIT:

i'm more inclined to believe all living things are ALIENS. :D

We are extraterrestrials to extraterrestrials. No difference.

Edited by tricky77puzzle (see edit history)

All four "holly" books? Don't you mean just Genesis? (and it's "holy" books. Books aren't made of holly.)Or, do you possibly mean the four Gospels, which is a misconception. They mainly talk about Jesus, not Adam. (Considering that our bible study teacher tells us that Jesus is the "second Adam", what's the difference?)

Or, do you possible mean the three (not four) books of the Abrahamic religions? That would be the Bible, the Torah, and the Qu'ran.

Firstly let me say what the four holly books are. You have counted only the three.
The holly books are Psalms, Torah, Bible and Qur'an. Psalms is to David, Torah is to Moses, Bible is to Jesus and Qur'an is to Mohammad.

You said about what your bible teachers are saying. Can tell me where the original Bible is? The Christians changed lots of things while translating into their language or while other things. In my opinion, we cannot trust the replaced Bibles, lots of different Bibles (Where is the original Bible?). The same thing is also happened into Psalms and Torah. There is only one holly book left, and it is protecting its original language, Qur'an. In my opinion, we can only trust to Qur'an. Because all Qur'ans in the world are writing the same even all the letters.
And Qur'an is saying Adam is a human who is created from earth by Allah.
Edited by Erdemir (see edit history)

Firstly let me say what the four holly books are. You have counted only the three.The holly books are Psalms, Torah, Bible and Qur'an. Psalms is to David, Torah is to Moses, Bible is to Jesus and Qur'an is to Mohammad.

You said about what your bible teachers are saying. Can tell me where the original Bible is? The Christians changed lots of things while translating into their language or while other things. In my opinion, we cannot trust the replaced Bibles, lots of different Bibles (Where is the original Bible?). The same thing is also happened into Psalms and Torah. There is only one holly book left, and it is protecting its original language, Qur'an. In my opinion, we can only trust to Qur'an. Because all Qur'ans in the world are writing the same even all the letters.
And Qur'an is saying Adam is a human who is created from earth by Allah.

The Qu'ran was written about 600 AD, correct?

Is the original copy still intact? And how do you know it was inspired by Allah? How do you know Mohammud didn't invent the whole thing, like you say people changed or invented the Bible? How do you know it wasn't changed as well? What if the copies today aren't exact copies?

...there is no original Bible. It was made up of 66 books all strung together by... ... by... (okay, I forget. I need to do some research.) As well, the Torah is made up of the Pentateuch, which are the five books of Moses, which are the first five books of the Bible.

The Qu'ran was written about 600 AD, correct?

Yes, exactly in 611-632 in 21 years (if I remembered right).

Is the original copy still intact?

Yes, the original Qur'an is in the Kaaba in Mecca.

And how do you know it was inspired by Allah? How do you know Mohammad didn't invent the whole thing, like you say people changed or invented the Bible?

Quran is Allah's word, proof:

The Holy Quran is not a book of science but it is amazingly accurate when it makes scientific claims. The Holy Quran was revealed to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), an illiterate man more than 1,400 years ago.

For example: the Holy Quran claims that the sex of a human being is determined by the sperm cells from the male (Holy Quran 53:45-46). This was not known until the discovery of genetics in the 20th century. In many cultures it was believed that a babys sex was determined by the females body.

Also please read this report called: Does the Quran plagiarize ancient Greek Embryology? by Dr. Omar Abdel Rehman.

Here is the link: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Source: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

More Scientist proofs in Qur'an: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/=

And Mohammad has never said lie because the people even who has never liked Mohammad called Mohammad as "Al-Amin". What is Al-Amin?

Due to his upright character he acquired the nickname "Al-Amin" (Arabic: الامين), meaning "faithful, trustworthy".

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad

And Muhammad has never know how to write and read, everyone knows that Mohammad didn't know writing and reading.

By the way in the Bible saying the last prophet will come whose name is Ahmed (if still exists in the Bible), and Ahmed is one of Mohammad's name.

How do you know it wasn't changed as well?

Because it has been written directly and copied from its original. And the person who changes even one letter in Qur'an, becames not Muslim, or banned, or I don't know in English but it is like Excommunication in Christianity. No one can dare to change one letter in Quran.

What if the copies today aren't exact copies?

All the Qur'ans in Arabic are equal. You can check if it is right. Take any Quran and compare all the letters one by one with any other Quran, you will not see any differences.

...there is no original Bible. It was made up of 66 books all strung together by... ... by... (okay, I forget. I need to do some research.) As well, the Torah is made up of the Pentateuch, which are the five books of Moses, which are the first five books of the Bible.

No, in the begin each of Bible and Torah was unique like Quran. They were Allah's words too, but people added their own words and also changed.

But as I said, Quran has never been changed. If you can spare a little time, please have look at the sites I specified.

Especially this page can show you some proofs: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/=

So you think we human just living to serve the purpose of living only, doing just the initial things necessary. I take a counter stand on this statement of yours. I feel, we are in a state of continuous improvement going towards a higher end of existance. When you talk about the cycle of humanity....I feel it is going towards a phase of social and scientific advances where we will end up our own existance. Something unexpected will change the direction of our developments.We are having certain very astonishing features in our societies. Can you even think of beauty of digital innovations? Simple 1 and 0 can do wonders, you can inscribe virtually each and everything into numbers, on the surface of digital storage devices. You can communicate seamlessly, you can send rovers to mars can any other species on the earth would have done that ever? No it is only we humans who are exploring our reference system. We are far better than animals, we have seen new horizons of existance and have an affinity for exploration and scientific developments.