xisto Community
Overlord_Ian

A Couple Quick Computer Questions.

I am getting a new monitor and I plan to use it for gaming, WoW, BF2 etc. And I was just wondering, for being on a budget if the monitor is fine, I've read about ghosting and dead pixels and such and was just kind of worried about getting the wrong one.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se318%23detailspecs
That's the link to it... But it's
HannsĖ‡G HW-191D 19-Inch Widescreen LCD Monitor.
Response Time: 5 ms
Pixel Pitch: 0.294 x 0.294 mm
Display Colors: 16.2 million
That's what I think is important, and I think that would be fine, just double checking.

Another thing I was wondering about is that my Nvida Ntune says that I running off ddr memory when I have pc2-5300 ddr2 in it, and it says it runs at lower mhz than I was told it would run, it also says that about my video card, which is PCI-E XFXgeforce 8600 and that made me a little curious as well.

Any help would be appreciated :XD:

I'm sorry to say I don't know beans about computers/files/programming/coding/all that stuff, well I kind of do, but I'm still figuring it all out. But I'm posting for two reasons: (1) I hate it when no one answers my posts for a while, it's irritating and I get impatient and (2) I wanted to say welcome to Xisto. :XD: Enjoy your time here!

Its looks like a good monitor to me. For its size however, a maximum of 1440 x 900 is slightly small, but still a decent resolution I think.You might want to make sure from someone else, I am a computer programmer, not a computer designer :XD:.

Don't even think about buying that crap, unless you love being ripped off. There are many Samsungs (the best monitor company, in case you didn't know) readily available in that price range that will offer 2000:1 or even 3000:1 contrast ratio, which dwarfs that 700:1 you got there. And 5 ms response time? Try 2 ms for the Samsung. Try looking for the model I have right now, it's a Samsung SyncMaster 931BW, it's a 19 in. wide screen also, and I got it for $150...last year. I took a quick look at Newegg, and they didn't seem to have any of the models I'm looking for, but look around in the stores. I got mine at Best Buy, and Fry's Electronics have better deals as of now. So to finish off, I highly recommend against buying a big-name monitor.

it looks like the monitor you wanna buy is sound and fine too. judging from the specifications you wrote there. And BTW; welcome to Xisto n enjoy ya stay here:

Welcome... if your primary reason for upgrading a monitor is gaming, id suggest you'd go as low as you can on the "response time". 5ms should work fine but you can go lower. Also, you will need a graphics card that can support the monitor on its native resolution which means if your monitor runs best at 1024x768 and your only running your game at 800x600, then your going to lose some visual area.

I was also reading something to do with grey-to-grey response time which has to do more with gaming than the plain simple response time... im not sure why that is and you might want to research it, but the only problem is - it is rarely listed with the monitor. Also, good job on going with Tigerdirect.. my favorite store (tigerdirect.ca)

I googled some websites up, and this website seems to be helpful...
http://www.d-silence.com/feature.php?id=249

Good luck and keep fraggin :XD:

:XD: Thanks for the help and information guys, I just ordered it a day or so ago and hoping, being that Tiger ships outta Illi, it'll get here soon. Was going to go look around for a better deal, but then I'm an easy man to please, I have a 15ms monitor right now, and well it didn't really bother me till the option of getting a new one came up.

I recommend the BenQ FP71G 19" monitor, good quality, I don't use it now (I use laptop) but before that I used it for 3 years and turned out with no dead pixels

Its looks like a good monitor to me. For its size however, a maximum of 1440 x 900 is slightly small, but still a decent resolution I think.

Well, its not a great resolution, in fact, you can get better resolutions from monitors made 5 years ago...However, most people dont use a higher resolution, but its always nice to know you can...

problems starting dell computerA Couple Quick Computer Questions.

when I start my computer a screen says NTLDR is missing press ctrl+alt+del to restart when I have done this it just goes back to the same screen any ideas

-question by DECLAN BYRNE