xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
9block

The New Imac (looks Nice)

Im not a fan of mac/apple but I wont discredit them at all. I just simple prefer a PC environment. But I just checked out apple.com and you should see the new mac computer's they have.

Posted Image

What they are advertising:

Intel Duo-Core (up to 2.8ghz)

Up to 1TB harddrive

Up to 4GB ram

ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB (for 24")

What I find cool, is the built in iSight...

Posted Image

The connections look cool

Posted Image

and with bluetooth built in you can connect your cell phone or PDA

the superdrive means no tray.. just slides in (cd burner/dvd burner)

the system is so simple! and looks sweet!

they should have built in wireless connection for keyboard/mouse.... thats be sick!

Anyway thought id share... im not getting one anytime soon, but it does look cool. check out the site/advertisement at the apple site.. heres the lnik thatll send you to the specs http://www.apple.com/imac/specs/

Wireless mouse and keyboard are available and already built-in, but the two together are a $50 option.The basic unit is only $1199.00USD, but they appear to be cutting back on the software which they are loaded up with.Sweet looking unit, though. No Tower. Everything is built into the monitor, even the CD/DVD and HDD. And the capacity of HDD is fabulous, but it does carry a pretty hefty price to go large.

but it does carry a pretty hefty price to go large.

well the basic model lowest model you can get comes with a 250GB harddrive.

Wireless mouse and keyboard are available and already built-in, but the two together are a $50 option.

$50 for a wireless mouse and keyboard is amazing... and considering its built it makes it nicer!

but they appear to be cutting back on the software which they are loaded up with.

I really wish you could buy an iMac and load windows on it... ima look into that (googling it right now)

Oh you can (its very difficult)

Yesterday was a milestone day for the Mac. A pair of enterprising hackers got Windows XP to boot on an Intel-based Mac, and won almost $14,000 for their troubles.

- March 16 2006

Apple now allows you to run XP on there and use it as a selling point... check it out

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

http://www.macworld.com/article/1049883/xponmac.html

search the forums for "microsoft surface" if you think a computer with a touch screen is funny. That stuff is NUTSSSSSSSS

I got an email about this yesterday from Apple but didn't have time to read it and forgot about it. This looks like a really nice computer. It's small and compact and won't take up much room at all considering all you need is the "monitor". I prefer using windows though sadly so I will be keeping what I have. I'm sure the price on those will go down anyway the longer they are available. There is always something better that comes out after or there is a better way they can produce it that's cheaper that lowers the prices. It's a nice clean look and can be built to be very powerful. I bet those will sell like the new gaming systems have.

Wow looks nice. Small, thin and just only a monitor. I was never interested in Macs, now that i see this I might look this up a bit.

It looks nice and has a pretty good upgrade overall. Beer computers for a lower price s always good. they didn't really add anything that new an exciting. Althogh it is very cool, I thought they would wait to release it with leopard or something.

What's so different about it's looks? Looked exactly the same a year ago as this picture shows. Having your computer in a small space is nice until something inside malfunctions, or you want to upgrade. Then you'll be in for a fun time.

Wow that is what I would want there would be like no wires. Especially if you had a wireless mouse and keyboard it would be very clean and neat. Unlike my computer place. I do not know why the cords tangle up so much. Yes it looks very nice. I like where the cds go in right in the monitor. :P Very nice looking.